Smart card Issue

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
Today I was watching TV and my channel went out with a message about Smart card(message 005)checked all other channels and they were out too.So I reset receiver and everything came back.anyone know why this is occurring ,do I need to do something .I just activated (last week ) this replacement receiver and it seems to me if problem with Card it would of shown up immediatley.
Anyone else experiencing this issue.

I been seeing this happen from time to time on different receivers throughout the years (last one was within the past few months with a 301/311 receiver).

Today I was watching TV and my channel went out with a message about Smart card(message 005)checked all other channels and they were out too.So I reset receiver and everything came back.anyone know why this is occurring ,do I need to do something .I just activated (last week ) this replacement receiver and it seems to me if problem with Card it would of shown up immediatley.
Anyone else experiencing this issue.

Can you send me your account number or phone number along with the Receiver and Smart Card numbers that are listed on your system info screen? Also, has this happened again since you posted this?

Try removing the card and reseating it. Maybe clean the contacts on the card with a pencil eraser.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts