Smartcard

darkcharm73

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I just had my receiver swapped out for a new one Thursday. I just opened my smartcard cover and not card. The old receiver had a card. I have another receiver in my family room and that receiver never had a smartcard. My question is, do I need a smartcard? And should I call E* and report that I have not smartcard? :eek:

Keith

The 111, 311, 322, 522, 811, perhaps others, should have the smart card built in.

I thought they swapped receivers for one that is like the one that you had which should also have a smart card (the newer one inside of it that is yellow labelled as Dish500)?

Depending on the model reciever it already has one, if you got it swapped I would imagine you have either a 311 or 811. E* does swap for like models but the 301 and 311 are so like modeled that we send out 311's if we don't have 301s in stock. And a couple months ago the d500 card migration happened to get off of using the blue cards so unless your using a really old leg device chances are better than good its been upped to a yellow card.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)