SNL

Last week's Charlize Theron SNL was the worst one of the year to me.

This week with Andy Samberg was barely tolerable.

I just hope that they really retool it for next season, this season was a bust.

Hell, they brought back just bout all the old SNL players last night and it was ok, but yeah if they couldn't make people laugh with all of those people then give it up. Fred Armistead, Bill Hader, Maya Rudolph, Kristen Wig ,Seth Meyers and Andy Samberg all bailed out over the last couple of years and it just isn't the same without them. That skit with the over affectionate family had the players laughing at least.

Hell, they brought back just bout all the old SNL players last night and it was ok, but yeah if they couldn't make people laugh with all of those people then give it up. Fred Armistead, Bill Hader, Maya Rudolph, Kristen Wig ,Seth Meyers and Andy Samberg all bailed out over the last couple of years and it just isn't the same without them. That skit with the over affectionate family had the players laughing at least.

That was really what saved the show after the disaster that was last week. At least this week was OK with the return of all the old favorites for various skits. Too bad Timberlake was in Russia.

That was really what saved the show after the disaster that was last week. At least this week was OK with the return of all the old favorites for various skits. Too bad Timberlake was in Russia.

Agreed. I actually fell asleep during the one hosted by Theron. I was watching it the next day before lunch so.... :D I don't know how much longer the show can go on like this but they're awfully close to getting their plug pulled.

Agreed. I actually fell asleep during the one hosted by Theron. I was watching it the next day before lunch so.... :D I don't know how much longer the show can go on like this but they're awfully close to getting their plug pulled.
Michaels has a lot of pull at NBC, would he allow it to get cancelled. And what would NBC replace it with. Local syndication?

Michaels has a lot of pull at NBC, would he allow it to get cancelled. And what would NBC replace it with. Local syndication?

That's similar to what the wife said the other day. Her exact words were "Lorne is keeping that show alive".

That's similar to what the wife said the other day. Her exact words were "Lorne is keeping that show alive".
How much is it costing NBC. I doubt the cast makes a lot. Union crew and they must make enough off of ads to keep it around.

Maya Rudolph had a variety show special with a lot of the old SNL cast. It had decent skits. Just shows that the writers need to be replaced on SNL...

I only watched two episodes this year and deleted the rest. I am done.

Deadline Exclusive- Nellie Andreeva
Saturday Night Live
is going through the first phase of annual cast changeover, which involves not bringing back some existing players. As usual, most affected are first-year actors. I’ve learned that the contracts of Noël Wells and John Milhiser, who joined SNL as featured players last September, are not being renewed, joining fellow rookie Brooks Wheelan, who announced his dismissal yesterday on Twitter.
Things are murkier about Michael Patrick O’Brien, who made his debut as a featured player last season after a four-year stint as a writer on the show. I hear discussions are underway for O’Brien’s future on the show that could involve him returning to the writing staff or continuing to have an-screen presence if he stays on. With anchoring experience on the popular Web series 7 Minutes In Heaven, some have been calling for him to get a shot at co-hosting Weekend Update.
Of the seasoned SNL players, popular cast member Nasim Pedrad is leaving after five seasons as she co-stars on a new primetime series, Fox’s Mulaney, which is executive produced by SNL boss Lorne Michaels.

deadline.com

They should let them all go as well as the writers. Clean start is needed. I ended up deleting my season pass.

I say that SNL has outlived its use. It is too old and set in the year it was created 1975. It is time for new format, new writers, producers and directors and cast. Either that or retire the whole show period.

Even though it was created in the 70s, it really has not outlived its use. There is no reason they cannot come up with comedy skits that are funny. The show is in a tough position. Many of its players have gone on to successful movie and TV shows. The problem they face is that people do not appreciate them at the time they are on SNL. They are still new and learning the ropes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)