SNL

Darrell Hammond Rejoins ‘Saturday Night Live’ As Announcer
Darrell Hammond, the versatile impressionist who held forth on the program between 1995 and 2009 – the longest tenure of any cast member on the show – will return to the venerable program as its announcer, NBC said Thursday morning. He will replace Don Pardo, the program’s longtime announcer who passed away in August.

variety.com

Well,I just watched the season opener and wow was it bad. The saving grace for me was always the weekend update, and now that is just plain awful too. I will give it another week, but if it does not turn around then it looks like it will be dropped for me.

Yes ,I couldn't tell you any one skit that stood out to me and the Weekend Update looked even more unprofessional than usual. I had finally got used to the Collin guy and then they add this black guy that was ok, but no one I had ever seen before. But I won't give up yet. I have been watching off and on since it began in 75 and after 40 years , I just can't seem to turn it off. Still hoping that it will get better . Wait a minute! The definition of insanity is doing the same thing the same way and expecting a different outcome. I guess I am crazy to keep on watching it.

Reactions: dfergie
I know what you mean and everytime I have gotten frustrated with it they find a way to bring me back. Time will tell, but last night was just bad.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I deleted the timer after last season. Guess I didn't miss a thing.

The only way I watch is with the finger on the skip button. I give a skit about 30 seconds, if it is going nowhere I jump to the next.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts