SNL

I liked Fred Armison's Obama better... only watched through the political commercials (dvr'd rest)which I found funny and spot on as for being like all attack ads now days...

I thought it was nice to have a black buy play Obama for a change,but I too, preferred Fred as a better Obama. LOVED the skit with the Korean guy and Gandam Style dance in the Hat store skit. We watched it three times. In fact the entire show was funnier than I remembered it to be. It didn't all focus on Kristen Wiig as the previous season seemed to fixate on. Of course they were trying to take advantage of the Bridesmaids movie popularity. But they do need to add some more female characters to the mix.

MikeD-C05 said:
I thought it was nice to have a black buy play Obama for a change,but I too, preferred Fred as a better Obama. LOVED the skit with the Korean guy and Gandam Style dance in the Hat store skit. We watched it three times. In fact the entire show was funnier than I remembered it to be. It didn't all focus on Kristen Wiig as the previous season seemed to fixate on. Of course they were trying to take advantage of the Bridesmaids movie popularity. But they do need to add some more female characters to the mix.

I found psy a couple months ago. Do a you tube search for it, you wil not be disappointed. I was happily surprised to see them do a skit about it and then to have the actual guy come out was great. :)

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

cosmo_kramer said:
I thought MacFarlane's portrayal of Ryan Lochte was hilarious.....

I agree, I don't think people really understood how talented he is. Not just comically either, he once had a special where he sang his favorite type of music. I think irt was called "an evening with seth mcfarlane" I could be wrong about the title

I think that these Thursday nite updates are going to continue till the election. I feel that they are trying to influence the election with their political humor. Like they did 4 years ago with Tina Fey and her Sarah Palin impersonation. :D I doubt they continue past November 1st.

Upcoming hosts and musical guests:

10/6 - Daniel Craig, with musical guest Muse.
10/13 - Christina Applegate, with musical guest Passion Pit.
10/20 - Bruno Mars will tackle both musical and hosting duties.

I think that these Thursday nite updates are going to continue till the election. I feel that they are trying to influence the election with their political humor. Like they did 4 years ago with Tina Fey and her Sarah Palin impersonation. :D I doubt they continue past November 1st.

I am not sure that they are trying to influence it as much as they are trying to cah in on it.

Geronimo said:
I am not sure that they are trying to influence it as much as they are trying to cah in on it.

Exactly, the material writes itself and they would be foolish not to. It's also a good way to increase their popularity for the new season since some big names are gone.

Yes, they are in the business to cash in on politics , but in the last election they definitely influenced public opinion. Tina Fey and her impersonation of Sarah Palin, the v.p. choice by Mc Cain, I think single-handedly sank McCain's campaign, because she played Sarah as a witless Boob. That perception stuck with the Public and the rest is history.

Actually most of Ms. Fey's dialogue in those sketched was lifter directly from Palin speeches. They cashed in on the flak over the palin selection but they did not start it.

Here is a little trivia for you SNL fans. SNL did a skit one time that was never shown again after the live performance. It was removed from repeats and syndication. . It was political but it made Bill Clinton so mad they didn't show it during reruns and syndication. . Any idea? I have it in my archives.

I assume you are talking about the 92 campaign era Wayne's World sketch that indicated that 12 year old Chelsea Clinton could not make a man "Schwing". It was funny but Clinton picked up on it and ran and others took his side. I believe you are correct that it was removed from syndication repeats. I suspect that there were a few other sketches he did not like (the legendary McDonld's sketch right after his election) but he is sort of stuck with those in repeats and being played on YouTube.

I assume you are talking about the 92 campaign era Wayne's World sketch that indicated that 12 year old Chelsea Clinton could not make a man "Schwing". It was funny but Clinton picked up on it and ran and others took his side. I believe you are correct that it was removed from syndication repeats. I suspect that there were a few other sketches he did not like (the legendary McDonld's sketch right after his election) but he is sort of stuck with those in repeats and being played on YouTube.
Yes. That's the one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)