Snow while changing channels becomming a blizzard

MattP-bgsu

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
Anyone else having this problem?? I know it isn't a new problem, but for the past couple days I get a snowy screen everytime I change the channel, and it seems to be 2-3 times longer than usual. I used to only get it when going from HD to SD, but now it occurs everytime.

I have this problem when I push the VOOM button to go back to the menu system. When the screen "Flashes" to go to the menu, it snows.

Whiteice

Mine does this whenever I change HD to SD and if the HD formats are different. I just thought this was how it tuned...? I set my Voom box to the auto select (all 4 bars.)

IamtheMp3God said:
Mine does this whenever I change HD to SD and if the HD formats are different. I just thought this was how it tuned...? I set my Voom box to the auto select (all 4 bars.)

This is known bug with native resolution (all 4 bars lit). You can circunvent the bug by changing to 720p or 1080i.

Mine does it as well. It's just your set adjusting to lock in the resolution change, it is NOT anything to do with your Voom service or stb.

It's NOT A BUG, all TV's have to resync to the new resolution, and unless Voom starts blanking out their video for a longer period of time like Dish does, the snow will be a fact of life when the stb is in Native.

After hearing some of the descriptions of these problems I'm wondering how HDTV experienced some of the complainers are? And by problem I mean you can not see the picture. Usually you can not watch anything in the milisecond it takes to change the channel. There is always a "lock-in" period when switching any channel and more-so in HD. It's a problem if you can't see the picture or it in any way iterferes with watching a program; not while changing channels. Welcome to HDTV. Hope you have more savy and patience with computers....cell phones.....automobiles. Or did you decide that those things didn't work either?

techweb said:
Maybe this problem will be fixed in the new software release that's due any year now.
Do you guys really think it's a problem? I prefer to see the snow than have to wait 6 seconds for my stinkin 6000 to change and lock on a channel and it's not even changing resolution, it's fixed at 1080i. How many of you see the snow when changing to a channel that has the same resolution? If you do, then it's a problem with your set. My pj never shows snow unless I switch resolution. :)

I had comcast HD and it would give me snow when I changed from HD to SD. So I don't think it's a Voom problem or a software bug. It's just an ajustment it has to do to find the right resolution.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts