SNY Gone Tomorrow? (It's Gone!)

That pricing of $66.99 is only good the first three months......then it goes to $111.99 for months 4-12, and then to $142.99 for months 13-24.

Which is exactly what I mean when people post these comparisons. You find in reality Dish packages are often less, with more channels, and more channels in HD when you forget who has the best current promotion.
But don't get me wrong. If you want all the sports, and full time RSN's in HD, the higher cost, or to put it another way, the cost of not having as many HD channels will be worth it to get Direct for you.

We Mets fans continue to take beatings. If you're still a Mets fan after all of the crap of the last few years, you're a REAL baseball fan! :D

This may be the move that finally, after 15+ years, makes me dump dish. My local cable has YES and SNY and NESN and MLB Network. Now, with Dish, I get no sports. The only advantage is that I like the way (i.e. I'm used to the way) the Dish DVRs work and prefer it to the cable DVR.

This really sucks.

Which is exactly what I mean when people post these comparisons. You find in reality Dish packages are often less, with more channels, and more channels in HD when you forget who has the best current promotion.
But don't get me wrong. If you want all the sports, and full time RSN's in HD, the higher cost, or to put it another way, the cost of not having as many HD channels will be worth it to get Direct for you.

Well to be honest; I am sure there are many HD Channels that I have now, that I never watch. But I can assure you, that I do watch YES, MSG's, MLB, NHL, and occassionally SNY. When you come down to it; I may watch 20-30 HD Channels, all the 8 Local HD Channels, the HD HBO's, and the 10-12 HD sports channels I get. So basically at most 60 of the 105 or so HD Channels I receive. All the rest, are a waste of bandwidth and I am forced to buy whether I want to or not.

I am under no contract and have been with Dish since they introduced the Dishplayer 7100. I love their DVR's but now that they are charging me for them, their prices are getting out of hand. In other years, I wouldn't have minded the loss of MSG, but with the trades that the Knick's made this year, I wish I could have MSG back, but it wasn't enough for me to switch. But, I've gotta have my Mets! I called today to complain that SNY was gone and they offered me $5 off a month a year and three PPV coupons and when I complained about the prices more he made it $10 off a month. That's a good gesture and I appreciate it, but with out the Met's they will loose me. I understand that they know that when they are in negotiations, but each individual has to weigh out what's best for them. I'll give them 30 days, but I'll start shopping in three weeks. Hopefully they'll get this deal done, but as far as SNY goes, they don't care if I get them through Dish or I get them through Cablevision, FiOs or DirecTV, so I foresee both sides holding firm, and me eventually making the switch. It's too bad, I've really enjoyed my time with Dish, love their DVR's and wish I could stay, but $10 a month off won't be enough to keep me if they don't get the Met's back.

Well to be honest; I am sure there are many HD Channels that I have now, that I never watch. But I can assure you, that I do watch YES, MSG's, MLB, NHL, and occassionally SNY. When you come down to it; I may watch 20-30 HD Channels, all the 8 Local HD Channels, the HD HBO's, and the 10-12 HD sports channels I get. So basically at most 60 of the 105 or so HD Channels I receive. All the rest, are a waste of bandwidth and I am forced to buy whether I want to or not.

Why are you still with Dish? If I was in NY I would have switched if sports was important by now. You are someone I already said would want Direct TV.

I am under no contract and have been with Dish since they introduced the Dishplayer 7100. I love their DVR's but now that they are charging me for them, their prices are getting out of hand. In other years, I wouldn't have minded the loss of MSG, but with the trades that the Knick's made this year, I wish I could have MSG back, but it wasn't enough for me to switch. But, I've gotta have my Mets! I called today to complain that SNY was gone and they offered me $5 off a month a year and three PPV coupons and when I complained about the prices more he made it $10 off a month. That's a good gesture and I appreciate it, but with out the Met's they will loose me. I understand that they know that when they are in negotiations, but each individual has to weigh out what's best for them. I'll give them 30 days, but I'll start shopping in three weeks. Hopefully they'll get this deal done, but as far as SNY goes, they don't care if I get them through Dish or I get them through Cablevision, FiOs or DirecTV, so I foresee both sides holding firm, and me eventually making the switch. It's too bad, I've really enjoyed my time with Dish, love their DVR's and wish I could stay, but $10 a month off won't be enough to keep me if they don't get the Met's back.

I'm with you here. Been a long standing Dish customer. I love their DVR hardware. I just turned down an offer from TWC that would have saved me a bunch of money over the next two years. I think you are being generous giving them 30 days. I don't think my wife (she and my two kids are the avid Mets fans) will be that patient. I have already been pricing things out... Everyone has different levels of what they will tolerate. I think I may have hit the line as far as Dish is concerned.

This is what irritates the living crap out of me:

We all bust our assess 24/7 for "the man" and what do we get for it? A raise? The ability not to live paycheck to paycheck? A vacation home? OH NO . . . NONE OF THAT!!!

What we get is that we cannot come home after a long week to watch the Mets opening game of the season. What we get is we cannot just turn on our televisions hoping that some networks will be there because two executives are getting into a pissing match over whose personal wealth is larger!

Is is too much for the small people to ask for something as simple as relying on the ability to watch what they want and when they want to watch it? Is it too much to ask that we do not have to abide by Bullsh!t blackout rules which prevent us from streaming the game if we wanted to via PS3, PC, or Xoom?

No, no, g*&*&m no!

Of course not! That would be logical and unfortunately, logic checked out long time ago with this government or its more apropos name corporateocracy!

Signed,

One pissed of SOB!!!!!!

cjwct
Your not missing much..looks like the same mets from last year (maybe even worse). I'm lucky to be far enough south to have MLB.TV list my blackout as the Phillies but at this point its not worth $2.20 per month LOL.

That pricing of $66.99 is only good the first three months......then it goes to $111.99 for months 4-12, and then to $142.99 for months 13-24.

If you see the graphic it clearly shows that the pricing is for 12 months..... The credits are for months 1-12 then it goes up to full price.... Its all in the photo I posted

Edit, I think I've missed the HBO Cinimax and Starz credits so you might be right.

JerseyGuy said:
cjwct
Your not missing much..looks like the same mets from last year (maybe even worse). I'm lucky to be far enough south to have MLB.TV list my blackout as the Phillies but at this point its not worth $2.20 per month LOL.

I know; not expecting more than 55-65 wins but still like to watch!!!

I know; not expecting more than 55-65 wins but still like to watch!!!

Yeah. It looked like a game from last year. Pelf doing OK, the other teams "ace" throwing a no hitter, Pelf has a bad inning - GRAND SLAM, Mets get a few hits, but no where near enough to get close (2), then the Met bullpen gives up a meaningless solo shot while the opponents bullpen shuts out the Mets.

Game over, 6-2. At least we didn't have to listen to Jerry give us the "we battled" speech.

Then go with DirecTV. You'll get more HD channels, including this one. Not to mention the better picture quality. Dish Network is falling apart.
not really D* doesn't give a rats behind about anything but sports I got MLBtv much cheaper over the internet rather than going thru the hassle of switching

This is what irritates the living crap out of me:

We all bust our assess 24/7 for "the man" and what do we get for it? A raise? The ability not to live paycheck to paycheck? A vacation home? OH NO . . . NONE OF THAT!!!

What we get is that we cannot come home after a long week to watch the Mets opening game of the season. What we get is we cannot just turn on our televisions hoping that some networks will be there because two executives are getting into a pissing match over whose personal wealth is larger!

Is is too much for the small people to ask for something as simple as relying on the ability to watch what they want and when they want to watch it? Is it too much to ask that we do not have to abide by Bullsh!t blackout rules which prevent us from streaming the game if we wanted to via PS3, PC, or Xoom?

No, no, g*&*&m no!

Of course not! That would be logical and unfortunately, logic checked out long time ago with this government or its more apropos name corporateocracy!

Signed,

One pissed of SOB!!!!!!

I am giving you the post of the year award. That sums it up. Somehow the nonsense has to end. Great post. :hatsoff:

Why are you still with Dish? If I was in NY I would have switched if sports was important by now. You are someone I already said would want Direct TV.

I left Dish almost two years ago. I miss their equipment, however I have most of the channels I want (missing the Mark Cuban channels and NFL Network - which doesn't really matter now).

juan said:
not really D* doesn't give a rats behind about anything but sports I got MLBtv much cheaper over the internet rather than going thru the hassle of switching

Obviously you don't know what you are talking about. DirecTV has more HD channels than Dish Network. They also have much better picture quality. Why would you pay for hd lite?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)