SNY HD & SD in South Jersey

jaturn1

Original poster
Mar 27, 2004
I spoke with Dish the other day & they told me that I cannot get these channels because I would need to have NY locals. Even though I get MSG & Fox NY as my regional sports network. Anyone in South Jersey getting them?? Anyone know a way that I can get them?? I would like to have access to an HD RSN since we can't get Comcast Sportsnet in Philly!!

I spoke with Dish the other day & they told me that I cannot get these channels because I would need to have NY locals. Even though I get MSG & Fox NY as my regional sports network. Anyone in South Jersey getting them?? Anyone know a way that I can get them?? I would like to have access to an HD RSN since we can't get Comcast Sportsnet in Philly!!

Btw, are Flyers games blacked out where you are on NHL Center Ice?

Btw, are Flyers games blacked out where you are on NHL Center Ice?

JayPSU,

If you are within the local rights area for any TEAM then you will NOT be able to get that Teams games via CENTER ICE.

The only way to get Games from any Team from within their Local Rights DMA is to view the games on that Teams local rights Channel. Since Comcast in Philly will NOT allow either DirecTV or Dish Network to carry their Local RSN, no Flyers games are available within the Flyers DMA for either DirecTV or Dish Network.

John

You have to be AT LEAST as far north as Ocean County to get them. http://www.sny.tv/images/map_affiliates.gif

So, unless you're willing to do a "move" further north, you're out of luck. I feel your pain. If there was a way for me to get the Philly locals AND not be blacked out of Flyers games, I'd be a happy man.

When I click on that link with FF or IE I get a blank page, same as the other thread. I was hoping to get SNYHD also since we get FNY and MSG to compensate for Comcast locking satellite out of the local sports market.

When I click on that link with FF or IE I get a blank page, same as the other thread. I was hoping to get SNYHD also since we get FNY and MSG to compensate for Comcast locking satellite out of the local sports market.

It's a gif image. You could try a different browser to see if that reads it, but it does not show that NJ in the image so don't know if NJ is not covered or just not included in image.

Dish 625 RF Out

942 to 622 upgrade offer?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)