So are you keeping Platinum HD after June 3rd?

Platinum HD Package? Drop or keep?

• Im dropping Platinum HD

Votes: 60 21.9%
  • Im keeing Platinum HD

Votes: 214 78.1%

• Total voters
I don't even know what I'm getting in "Platinum."

I get HD and Platinum for $10 (total), though.

And with my 61.5 & 110/119, I don't seem to get any of the new HD channels, the earlier batch this year or this new batch.

I want to know what's the deal with HD for free customers not getting Paladia and HD Theater as was quoted by Scott in a post. If they add both of those to Platinum I might have to keep it.

...My head hurts.
Same here. There's no "I'm Clueless" choice in the poll so I didn't vote for now. I currently have the SilverHD programming level (or whatever it's called these days), and I also get the Platinum package, which I recently negotiated to $0 extra. I don't know if I'm a "plus" kinda guy, or a "+", but I'm definitely overweight. I'm also a grandfather, but that's due to other reasons.

Guess I'll wait it out. Like others I enjoy all the new channels added into the Platinum package...at least I did until I (again!) lost LOS to 129. I could be a candidate for EA to recapture the Platinum programming and other channels I miss, but I believe my HD LiLs are all on 129 only. Or I could cut some more trees for more $$. (See my post in the "Annoyed" thread.)

If the bill goes down $10 and I keep everything, that would be great! Might even help pay for the aforementioned tree extractions. If it goes down $10 then back up $10 because I lose the negotiated break, well then I'm back to where I started...I think. Then there's that semi-annual annual price hike to factor in....

OOOwwwwwWWW....My head hurts...!!! At least T.G.I.F....or does that belong in another thread...??

[/Clueless diatribe]

Last edited:
I'm still not sure if I'll get HD for life, or if I'm going to see an extra $10 charge on my bill next month, but I sure won't pay more than I'm paying now, so whatever it takes to keep my bill the same is what I'll do.

To me Platinum is now once again worth the $. Maybe they'll make up with Smithsonian later this year and add that back. :rolleyes:

The movie channels definitely make Platinum worth it now.

Epix, Epix2, MGM and HDNet Movies alone are worth it. Indie and Retro are icing on the cake. Most of those movies aren't available on Blu-ray, yet. So, Dish or U-verse (for me) is it for HD.

Fashion, Mav, Universal and WFN don't drive me to pay extra, but the others do. I know some diehard fishing fans (who are also diehard baseball fans) that have D* that wish D* would carry WFN. So, different strokes for different folks.

Turbo... Dish America HD Packages

So what about "Turbo" Dish America HD when it comes to HD theater and Palladia? We can't buy platinum add on as it is and I wonder if these two channels will be taken off of our lists. That would be a big slap.

I think Platinum's value was degraded with all of the additions of all of these other HD channels in the basic packages but gained some value back by having many additions to its own package. Having movie channels in the package was important.

I would like to know why there is so much discussion on the free for life HD.

If no one knows the details on it and there is no official info on the Dish website, where did all of this confusing info come from?

I guess I'm confused as it seems some of this HD stuff is in flux.

I recently downgraded to AT200 + Locals + HBO + "HD & Platinum"
That gives me:
300 (HBO-E).....301 (HBO2E)
302 (HBOSG).....303 (HBO-W)
305 (HBOFM).....307 (HBOCY)
308 (HBOZ).....309 (HBOLT)

361 (MAVTV).....362 (HDNET)
364 (HDTHR).....366 (UNIHD)
368 (CI).....369 (PLDIA)
371 (CTRC).....373 (LOGO)
374 (FTV).....375 (SHRTS)
378 (INDIE).....379 (RETRO)
380 (EPIX1).....381 (EPIX2)
383 (HDNMV).....365 (MGM)
394 (WFN)

I'm not sure which ones come with Platinum, but as it is, I'll keep it if I'm grandfathered in. If it goes up, I'll evaluate it then. To be honest, it's summer time, so I'd probably tell dish where to stick it and drop down to the most basic package I can and stay active. I should be outside anyway. I already dropped services once. I'm tired of their efforts to nickel and dime me.

Had it not been for the addition of Epix, Retroplex, and Indieplex I probably would drop it too, but I do like those channels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I LOVE EPIX! They are working on Dish getting On Demand access on their website. They are showing the first 3 Indiana Jones movies in HD this week !!!! Paramount, MGM and Lionsgate movies. Movies will be on there out of the theaters before the other premium channels. Awesome channel.

http://www.epixhd.com/

Still confused here. I have HD & Platinum for $10. If I can save the $10 and be grandfathered in with "free" HD I will drop the Platinum. I also intend to drop HBO but will probably retain Showtime for a few shows I like although I think they don't start until the fall.

Once again, I am confused about how Dish intends to implement changes to their programming and billing. Why it's so complicated is beyond me. I liken it to telling a lie and then having to tell more lies to cover the first one. Then it's further complicated by telling different lies to different people. This, to me, is how Dish runs their business. When I read here that different folks are paying different amounts for the same package it raises an eyebrow. But, maybe I just don't understand. Rinse and repeat.

Every time they make a change I have to wait to see what my bill will be because it's all so convoluted. Oh well.

I was planning to drop Platinum to save 10 bucks, but yesterday my dad discovered those channels and we may keep them lol.

I'm keeping Gold and Platinum after June 3rd. I'm keeping them because I'm employed. Thank you employer's!! :D

The details are known and stated in the other threads.

That's nice and all, but most people don't have time to read the entire 50 page thread to find the one post where the truth supposedly exists, and search sucks (no offense Scott. have you considered Solr BTW?)

Ted