SO freakin' MAD!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I may be wrong but this "adamevans" poster is beginning to sound like someone trolling a forum with an over exaggerated fantasy. Anyone with a legitimate claim such as his would not be displaying the behavior he is over such a minor issue. It would appear he is in the D* forums with a purpose other than to seek information or advice, and more like the occassional DISH fanatic that drops into these forums to post false claims to create controversy. If not the bottom line is there is a 30 day satisfaction guarantee policy that would allow him to drop D*, return his equipment and get a refund. My suggestion is he do just that, and go to a service that makes him happy.

You ARE wrong. Would you like some pictures of my receivers? Would you like a picture of the paper I signed when the installer was here?

There may very well be a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. However, this forum is the first I've heard of it, and I've already made half a dozen phone calls to DirecTV about this issue without them saying a PEEP about it. In fact, they've all said the exact opposite: that I had to pay the cancellation fee and that I was SOL on the DVR. The best I got out of them was that they've now forwarded my problem to "Upper Management" and I'm supposed to hear something in "8 days."

Do you not have anything better to do than make up conspiracy theories? Jesus Christ.

Adam,

You need help. And its not the kind of help you will find here in these forums.:rolleyes:

Great. Now that you've got your tinfoil hat DirecTV-basher conspiracy out of your system, why don't you go post in another thread? Because I started this one to get advice on how to extricate myself from this situation with DirecTV, not to be called a liar because some A-hole doesn't like what I'm saying.

Show 'em... I think you're bluffing :cool:

Whatever. Here ya go. And FYI, this is the most retarded thing I've done all year--taking pictures of my satellite receivers on my lunch hour to satisfy some jagoffs on an internet forum. Such is life.

Attachments

• dtv01.jpg
    dtv01.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 140
  • dtv02.jpg
    dtv02.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 134
  • dtv03.jpg
    dtv03.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 147
Yes!

I'm pissed because I feel like I was deliberately deceived. I don't patronize people who deceive me. People who do that DON'T get my money. And for that matter, weekends are about the only time I really get to watch TV. So, having one less HD channel than I was told I was going to have during that time DOES affect me.

Personally I am sorry you feel you have been deceived.Unfortunately DirecTV does have a bandwith problem.But with Sat 9 launched and Sats 10&11 launching
in 2007 DirecTV's bandwith problem will become history.With all satellites activated
DirecTV will have the bandwith capability to broadcast up to 150 national HD channels and 1500 HD locals.Unfortunately the bandwith for 1 HD channel is equal
to 5 SD channels so there is the problem.The good thing is there is other providers
DISH and your local cable provider.Hopefully you will find happiness with another provider but you will not find a better provider with a better plan for HD in the future.Good Luck!:)

Personally I am sorry you feel you have been deceived.Unfortunately DirecTV does have a bandwith problem.But with Sat 9 launched and Sats 10&11 launching
in 2007 DirecTV's bandwith problem will become history.With all satellites activated
DirecTV will have the bandwith capability to broadcast up to 150 national HD channels and 1500 HD locals.Unfortunately the bandwith for 1 HD channel is equal
to 5 SD channels so there is the problem.The good thing is there is other providers
DISH and your local cable provider.Hopefully you will find happiness with another provider but you will not find a better provider with a better plan for HD in the future.Good Luck!:)

Just tell me this, seriously:

How hard is it to put a * next to TNT-HD on their homepage, and then put "Not available on Sundays."

That's it. That's all they had to do. Couldn't be easier. So, the fact that they haven't done it leads me to believe that they'd rather customers signing up didn't know at all.

And FYI, this is the most retarded thing I've done all year.

Something tells me its not "the most retarded thing" you've "done all year".:cool:

Anyway so it appears you ARE a new D* customer. If the way you have conducted yourself in this thread is indicative of the way you have handled customer service with your problem, then that would go a long way in explaining why you are running into problems cancelling in a satisfactory manner.

If that is the case the CSR telling you it is being sent to upper management is probably true, but an upset CSR has a way of causing that complaint to be "lost" in the system. An angry CSR also has ways of stonewalling someone who has just treated them like dirt, and still not go outside the boundaries they must adhere to in dealing with a dissatisfied customer. :up

Best guess here is you won't be satisfied with any provider and the way you handle issues will result in similar problems elsewhere. Good luck you will need it.:D

Last edited:
Something tells me its not "the most retarded thing" you've "done all year".:cool: Anyway so you are a new D* customer. If the way you have conducted yourself in this thread is indicative of the way you have handled customer service with your problem, then that would go a long way in explaining why you are running into problems cancelling in a satisfactory manner. Best guess here is you won't be satisfied with any provider and the way you handle issues will result in similar problems elsewhere. Good luck you will need it.:D

Great, so you tinfoil conspiracy didn't pan out, so now you're coming up with other theories about why I'm having problems with DirecTV. I'm sorry you need to come up with fairy tales because you can't handle the idea that maybe, just maybe, someone got handled badly by DirecTV.

I could give a rat's ass what you think, but I haven't so much as raised my voice to a representative. All I wanted was to cancel my service (with no fee) and get my DVR upgrade fee back. They said no, repeatedly, and I got justifiably pissed off.

That's it. That's all. It's really that simple and that's really what happened. But go ahead and make up some more tall tales if it's what you need.

Just tell me this, seriously:

How hard is it to put a * next to TNT-HD on their homepage, and then put "Not available on Sundays."

That's it. That's all they had to do. Couldn't be easier. So, the fact that they haven't done it leads me to believe that they'd rather customers signing up didn't know at all.

Personally I don't know, I don't work for DirecTV you would have to ask them.On the other hand your idea is a good one,but in this age of high tech good ideas are sometimes forgotten.You would think they would have done just that.Good Luck!:)

I could give a rat's ass what you think...

You know I'd love to believe that, but ya know, you are the one that decided to take pictures of your stuff on your lunch hour, and you are the one that choose to call it "the most retarted thing you've done all year" or something like that. Don't get pissed at us cuz you look like a goof ball with your angry ramblings.

I really can't believe you felt the need to post pictures... that just F'n ridiculous

I really can't believe you felt the need to post pictures... that just F'n ridiculous

And egging me on to do it isn't F'n ridiculous?

And of course I felt the need to post those pictures. I started the thread to get some advice, then someone decided to derail the whole thing with a crackpot conspiracy theory because they didn't like what I had to say, because they didn't like that I was--GOLLY--pissed off at DirecTV. I wanted to kill that nonsense and go back to getting some help (which I have been getting--albeit mostly in PMs since apparently lot of other people don't want to deal with the raving Pro-DirecTV hositlity around here).

But whatever.

`Im with you 100%. Im not at the point of paying for the HI-DEF channels yet ( I have a few weeks left of my free 4 months ) But when I do have to pay, You can bet your ass I will call Directv and complain - And most likely get them for free - If I have to pay for HI-DEF I want what I'm paying for. I want the channels even if I'm not watching them at that moment. All the hard asses on this site that are calling you a whiner are probably Sunday ticket holders, so they dont care. If i pay for a month's worth, I want a month's worth, not a month less 36hrs. When Directv sends me a bill they expect me to pay in full. I've never had any problems with Directv customer service and I dont expect any from this - They always bend over backwards to make me happy. Call the retention number (18008249081) They have more authority to do what it takes to make you happy.:mad:

Adam, I think most people would have been more inclined to agree with you if you had not taken the tone you did. Most of us, believe it or not, do not think it is a big deal to lose THT-HD for a few hours a month.

A lot of us are sports fans and think it is worth it for Sunday Ticket.
A lot of us never watch TNT-HD anyway.
And a lot of us think the freebies they usually give complainers make up for it.

But when I ignore the extreme tone of your messages, I think if it is that big of a deal to you, then you are right and should be allowed to cancel with no penalty. I think if you can calm down and ask someone at D* for HELP instead of yelling, you might be allowed to do that.

Good luck.

But when I ignore the extreme tone of your messages, I think if it is that big of a deal to you, then you are right and should be allowed to cancel with no penalty. I think if you can calm down and ask someone at D* for HELP instead of yelling, you might be allowed to do that.

Good luck.

Despite my tone in here (which is the internet, for crying out loud, so I think I could be forgiven for venting how I really feel), I haven't yelled or even been rude to any representative I've talked to. It still hasn't gotten me anywhere. The best I've gotten is my issue "escalated to Upper Management."

adamevans,
So what are you now trying to do? Cancel, discount, or what? Are you within your 30 days or not? I couldn't find an answer anywhere. If you want to send it back (within the 30) call a CSR, and tell them that. It's in the contract, i think. If you paid for anything to DTV by credit card, go through your credit card company (visa,disc., or master card), and dispute it through them.

But if it's is past 30 days, not too much you can do.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)