So if I lease a D10..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jason B

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
So if I lease a D10, do I pay a $4.99 a month lease fee PLUS a $4.99 extra receiver fee, or is it just $4.99 a month total??

Thanks...

I just activated an older RCA receiver in addition to a D10. I was told there would be the $4.99 mirror fee. So I might as well lease a new D10 for the same price as the mirror fee I guess..

Thanks

But, its my understanding that I have to buy the D10 ($49.95) and then pay the lease fee every month and if I terminate service, I have to send DTV the box back even though I bought and paid for it...

Is this correct??

Thanks

That is correct, call Directv and see if you can get them to drop the upfront cost or something...

the standard rcvrs cost d about a $150.00 - ask what the prices are for the different types of recievers if you want to buy it from d as of march 1st. I believe d was tired of seeing equipment get sold on ebay that could be used again for existing customers to replace failed rcvrs (software upgrades seem to be causing quite a few problems with d10 series, phillips and rca rcvrs.) also the lease model is more honest I mean anyone ever ask a few different csrs what the 4.99 addd rcvr fee was for? for the programming right-it cost dtv not a penny more to unlock your access card to get the data stream from the sattelite well maybe a few pennies intitially.

ps it has always cost d an average of $500.00 to sign up a new csm. the equipment has always cost d much more money than what d actually charged for it.

edchuckndoug said:
ps it has always cost d an average of $500.00 to sign up a new csm. the equipment has always cost d much more money than what d actually charged for it.

actually i believe it is around $640.00

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)