So much for 21 Tuner reverse band LNB's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
Just a little FYI. I did a 16 receiver install at a fitness club last week and thought I was being smart using a reverse band LNB and only running 1 wire.

I had to go out there today and install a regular SWM 16 and run 4 wires from the Dish.

When I did the install they didn't have all the bikes installed, so couldn't test anything.

When they finally got everything working, we had 3 receivers out of the 16 not working. Upon further research I was limited to 13 tuners.

So upon doing some research there are certain model receivers that will force a SWM 21 install to only work with 13 tuners.

Specifically an HR34 will default the setup to 13 tuners, and certain versions of certain models.

For example my install had 16 H25 receivers. Apparently one receiver was a different version model receiver that defaulted the entire SWM setup to 13 tuners.

Just a little FYI if you buy one on eBay and can't get it working.

I remember seeing a warning message when setting up the 21 tuner LNB. Said it would only be 13 tuners if you had an HR34 or an HR2x. , bujt works with my HR24.
Firmware issue I believe....

Reactions: alnielsen
I wonder if the Cutting Edge beta updates would take care of the 21-tuner LNB issue with older receivers/DVR's? I ask because maybe the NR hasn't fixed that firmware problem with the older Hx2x receivers/DVR's yet.

Quite likely. I have HR24s running CE and I have not had a problem running up to 21 tuners.

Same here, but I have been testing this for almost a year now. I've always had access to 22 total. Although I have also used a rvb3 for greater than 13 tuners in the field. I think Claude is on to something regarding the manufacturer. Everytime I ask my sources they just say 13 initially supported. But then link me to the nds stuff to clarify why. But I can't get a clear cut list of what irds have nds fw.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Reactions: cinsu
Ok, in my hypothetical situation, I have a HR22-100, HR23-700, & H24-700(I also have a HR24-200, HR24-500, & H25-500), if I wanted to expand my receivers to the 21-tuner limit, which of these receivers would throw a wrench into that, even if they all have the most recent CE's?

I have no idea, and I don't think anyone else does. According to the popup on my HR44, they would all be a problem. However, that is presumably with the NR not CE.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts