So who's jumping ship? and a message to Charlie

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Charlie,

I don't know what it is but when I start screaming, maybe you all should take a look and actually do what I'm saying. Im screaming for a reason, and its not that I want to complain, (I hate to do it, but I love the company so much that Ill play the heel (bad guy) if it gets you to change for the better) God forbid I'm actually right! BTW I'm 5 for 5 in all of my predictions. Hate to say it but I told you so! Now what's gonna happen from here, is were going to start seeing subscriber losses, It wont happen over night, but it works like Novocaine, slow and effective. The advertising department might keep the ship afloat for a while (maybe just enough) but we will eventually see it, if the status quo stays the same.

The only way to fix this, is repair the damage with Disney, Rainbow Media, and launch HD RSN's. From there you might have to work some magic with the MLB, and maybe with the NFL once Sunday ticket renewal comes up in a few years. It's not to late to repair the damage, but it will take allot of work. You still can be Number One, but it takes swallowing your pride and doing the unthinkable to get it done.

If you don't start now, especially with the transition to MPEG4 on WA, you might not be able to repair the ship before its fully sunk. D* just gave you a strong shot to your bow, how are you gonna respond? I'm, available for hire, if you want your problems fixed. But its gonna come, without any conditions.

Charlie, Your a good man, and a good friend, You just need to listen to the young people like me.. I'm not going to steer you wrong, not like others. You have nothing to worry about as I have nothing but love, even if it means breaking up like a bad relationship. You have a true ally with me, even if it doesnt appear like that. I just wish you guys would listen and respond quicker, because you wouldnt be in this situation if you did.

all I gots to say is this

Attachments

• 1067629-cool_story_bro_super.jpg
    1067629-cool_story_bro_super.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 214
  • super-cool-story-bro.png
    super-cool-story-bro.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 197
I almost never watch any of those channels, so I won't miss them at all, although I do find it somewhat annoying at the hardball that is being played all the while leaving the subscribers in the middle.

John

As far as I am concerned they could Remove ALL of the Espn sports channels and the DISNEY channels. I wouldn't miss them at all. But I would prefer that my bill would then drop my $10.00 a month to make up for no longer having to subsidize the over paid sports teams .

+1

Charlie prints Bob's "ramblings"...laughs at them then uses them as either puppy training paper or as crapper paper in the outhouse :)

Now that's funny.:D Maybe he will. Howler finally did. But then I feel sorry (only a little) for the poor people in the D* forums. Have felling it would only be a short time before he found something he doesn't like with them. :rolleyes:

Bob do not forget that for families Disney is a must have. Has anyone here tried to put up with a three year old crying because she could not get her favorite Disney show?

Yes Disney will be back with dish at Disney prices and Charlie will claim this a victory.

and if that three year old is crying because her favorite Disney show is only in SD and not in the HD that was taken down, then someone needs to take that kid out and let her play in the yard for a while.

and if that three year old is crying because her favorite Disney show is only in SD and not in the HD that was taken down, then someone needs to take that kid out and let her play in the yard for a while.
If that's the case, the kid is already too far gone.

Slamminc11 said:

I can tell you never had raised any children thank god.

goaliebob asked "who's jumping ship?"

Not me. Dish is no longer providing a few Disney channels in HD, only SD. Big deal. The only one I watched was Espnews, and that was just news which the regular Sportschannel usually covered in more depth.

So far as the RSNs are concerned, Charlie explained in his last chat that due to capacity limitations, only the games were provided in HD, and the chit-chat was in SD. He also pointed out that after E-16 is launched next year, there would be additional capacity which could be used to also add the chit-chat in HD.

I've been enjoying the extended HD movie channels (HBO and SHO derivatives) for a long time now. How shortsighted it would be to jump ship over what amounts to less than a hill of beans!

Best regards,
Fitzie

Bob do not forget that for families Disney is a must have. Has anyone here tried to put up with a three year old crying because she could not get her favorite Disney show?

Yes Disney will be back with dish at Disney prices and Charlie will claim this a victory.

A baby can tell the difference between SD and HD?

how about a posting filter? you must actually be a dish customer to be able to post to the dish forum. if you aren't, then you can alway post to the general satellite forum. where your comments more properly belong.

How about being a Pub Supporter before you try to sensor us who are and were Dishnetwork subs for many years.

what is really odd about the dispute is that Charlie just "pulled" the channels..no notice to contact Disney..no continous charlie chat loop etc

what is really odd about the dispute is that Charlie just "pulled" the channels..no notice to contact Disney..no continous charlie chat loop etc

According to Scott, it was Disney that pulled them, not Dish...

I can tell you never had raised any children thank god.

If my three year old had a complete breakdown because of an HD channel over a SD channel, then I would feel like a failure as a parent, hopefully realizing that something else was spending a whole lot more time with my three year old than I am...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts