So whos NOT getting a Hopper due to lack of OTA?

In a 2 Hopper setup, if the OTA module is plugged into 1 Hopper, will both Hoppers (and Joeys) be able to see the OTA channels in live mode?

As soon as it comes out I will be happy to explain what went on... But for now I can say SOON. :)

Maybe they pitched the whole USB tuner in favor of an HDHomeRun. That would be very convenient for my house installation, since I have only one cable run to where my Hoppers will be.

Its my B-day in a few days, Wife wanted to get me the Hopper. But we are holding until we can get our channels.
Would be nice if Charlie (CEO) gives me a big b-day present with OTA (so I can watch Star Trek on METV), AMC (for the Walking Dead), and the Big 10 network (so I can watch Nebraska).
We should change the title to this thread who is holding pending OTA, AMC, and Big 10.
I know its asking for a lot. So please everyone, call up Dish and say Scott wants his b-day present (just kidding).
I hear there is court action on AMC this week, maybe that will get talks going. And the Big10 that comes and goes, is hopefully just a temp dispute. Then there is the word "soon" from the other Scott on OTA, so who knows what could happen this week.

In a 2 Hopper setup, if the OTA module is plugged into 1 Hopper, will both Hoppers (and Joeys) be able to see the OTA channels in live mode?

When this was asked before, the answer was that it's one OTA module per Hopper, and a single OTA module will not be shared. At first. After full integration, who knows?

If CBS pulled their channels it would not be for quite awhile. They are still under contract and must honor their contract.

So if I were to get an ota how much of the cost...and could you record the ota channels and still have your 3 tuners avaiable...

have never had an ota but very curious and interested in one...my in laws have the big attenna w the box but its not hd and not hooked up tp my 60" plasma

Early talk of cost was under 50 bucks. yes, you should be able to record it adds a 4th tuner. Antenna is antenna bigger is better, higher is better -

I've been wanting OTA since i got my hopper,and it looks like the summer timeline is fixing to be blown. Hopefully soon does not mean another 2 or 3 months just weeks.

No I don't think it will be months in fact I am rather confident it won't be. I do think they will miss "by the end of summer" but not by much. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)