Soccer - European Championship in June..

amdmaxx

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 7, 2004
Soccer - Euro 2004 in June..

Euro 2004..

I love the sport and I wanna see as much as I can and I wanna see it in HD..
What will VOOM offer for us, soccer fans? I know they been great with showing soccer games in HD on Fox..

If you refer to Euro2004, it is not going to be shown in World Sport. World Sport has been showing the Spanish League Soccer Games, UEFA Cup, King's Cup and Friendly games. They will be showing the same next season which starts in september 2004.

Dude, I love the sport too and can't get enough on TV, but we're definately out of luck for HD Euro 2004. I'm not even a Voom subscriber yet but I don't think you can get it. Go to www.soccertv.com for the best information about soccer on US TV. Here's what I got there...

LIVE on DirecTV, DISH Network, and iNDemand PPV
$179 for all matches
$19.95 for each group match
$24.95 for each quarterfinal, semifinal, and final match
LIVE on closed-circuit TV at selected pubs and restaurants: $20 each day.

I'm not even a Voom subscriber yet so I don't know if they get InDemand or not. I doubt it and if not then Voom subscribers are out of luck. You'd have to find a bar in your area that's showing the games. Go here to find out who's showing them.

http://linux967.dn.net/setanta/jsp/NA_venues.jsp

Hope that helps.

thanks for the link, I cant believe this is gonna be $179 for all matches on D-TV. I was hoping some ABC or fox sports coverage @ least, or maybe even ESPN, etc..

I know...$180 sucks but if I had Direct TV I'd get it. I guess I'll head to my local pub and watch the games there. I think it's only $20 per day for bars to show the game so they better not try that $15 cover/2 drink minimum crap!

I like Worldsport. But I question the one original sport channel voom has dedicating itself to showing euro soccer in the US? Voom did marketing analysis on this? Seems like that fan base would be in europe not the US. And with all do respect, people will pay to watch this as a PPV? more people than watch the WNBA?

vurbano said:
I like Worldsport. But I question the one original sport channel voom has dedicating itself to showing euro soccer in the US? Voom did marketing analysis on this? Seems like that fan base would be in europe not the US. And with all do respect, people will pay to watch this as a PPV? more people than watch the WNBA?

Amazingly enough there are people in the United States who like to watch soccer enough to pay to be able to watch the best teams, players, and competitions. There are even people that pay to be able to watch all the MSL games albeit at a lower price. This may come as a surprise to you but not to the PPV operators and spanish language television networks. It's admittedly a small audience but a very dedicated one. The only reason the WNBA is on television is that the NBA makes the networks include plans for televising the league as part of it's package - otherwise the WNBA would be shown at 3am after the World Billiards Championship and right before the tape of the 1997 Southern Regional High School Cheerleading Championships. Although, after going over about 10 of these thread with you I would imagine you would claim that would be better than what WorldSport is showing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts