Software Update 6.2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sprog68

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
Las Vegas
I just received in the mail a post card from D* about updating the dvr software to 6.2. They say it will speed up the guide and menus, add folders for storing programs and let you adjust certain settings. They also said this started a couple of months ago. I was wondering if anybody has received it yet and what they thought about it.

It's basically the same version that's available on the R10's now. (diff version numbers, but just about the same).

1) MUCH faster.
2) Folders are great

Me - I'm just hoping my HD Tivo gets it at ANY time :)

Have 2 sd Tivos and both are to get an update @ 2:00 today !

Will see later what update it is. Maybe 6.2 Maybe not ?
-----------------------------------------------

Of course that is 2:00 A.M. didnt quite give you all the info:D

hancox said:
I wouldn't be *that* sure. Probable? 50/50, depending on how fast the MPEG4 rollout goes
I just got the card this weekend, but I'm not sure if the download has come in yet.
As for the HD Tivo, the card I recieved specifically states that it and a few others won't be getting the update. Sorry guys. :no
I don't have the card here, but when I get home I'll post the recievers that won't get updated (unless someone beats me to it.)

OKay gang I just got my mailer from D* about 6.2.

I'm out here in western Illinois, so I guess we could keep track of who's getting the fliers to see if they are doing a regional roll out or just kind of a blanket mailing.

I know its been mentiond before in other threads, and cr0mag spoke about them not applying the 6.2 software to certain models so I figured I type them up for us since I have the mailer sitting next to me.

"DirectTV models Sony SAT-T60, Phillips DSR6000R, Hughes GXCEBOT, and HR10-250 will not get the 6.2 software upgrade"

there is also a link for more information on the flier:
http://www.directv.com/dvr62upgrade

I live in Schaumburg IL which is a suburb of Chicago and I got the mailer. I don't have a landline phone, so I think I'll have to carry my TiVo to my parent's house and dial-in for the update. This is truly going to be a pain and I want to be sure the update is available. riggscm, do you know if the update is available where you live? Anyone else from Chicagoland?

ivanjrn said:
I live in Schaumburg IL which is a suburb of Chicago and I got the mailer. I don't have a landline phone, so I think I'll have to carry my TiVo to my parent's house and dial-in for the update. This is truly going to be a pain and I want to be sure the update is available. riggscm, do you know if the update is available where you live? Anyone else from Chicagoland?

Hey Ivanjm,
I force my Tivo to dial out weekly on my serial interface (I have vonage and my Tivo's don't like it).
So I can post here when I do have 6.2.

The way I see it there's no reason to bug the parents if you don't have to. I'm pretty sure that when my Tivo has 6.2, you'll be in a position to do the dial out thing to activate your upgrade.

I haven't heard from any one in our corner of the country that has 6.2 yet, so it looks like we are all playing the waiting game.

riggscm said:
OKay gang I just got my mailer from D* about 6.2.

I'm out here in western Illinois, so I guess we could keep track of who's getting the fliers to see if they are doing a regional roll out or just kind of a blanket mailing.

I know its been mentiond before in other threads, and cr0mag spoke about them not applying the 6.2 software to certain models so I figured I type them up for us since I have the mailer sitting next to me.

"DirectTV models Sony SAT-T60, Phillips DSR6000R, Hughes GXCEBOT, and HR10-250 will not get the 6.2 software upgrade"

there is also a link for more information on the flier:
http://www.directv.com/dvr62upgrade

Thanks riggs, I couldn't find the postcard to let everyone know which models weren't getting the update. ;)

Got the upgrade today (in northern NJ) MUCH faster now and the folders are nice, I am quite pleased with it!!!

Got mine!

rwm99 said:
Received update last night. (Northwest Arkansas) Much faster guide.

My Hughes D* TIVO is in the process of updating with the new firmware. Columbus, Ohio.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts