Software Update 6.2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
riggscm said:
okay... freaking Albuquerque got it... but not me... IN CHICAGO DMA!!!

damn you DirecTV, and your evil remote sales schemes

One of my SD-DVR40's got it Monday night out in Mundelein, so the Chicago DMA is getting it.. Then after telling it to restart it sat for 18 hours on the Tivo updating software screen. Gave it a power on reset and it started to do the install again, finished in about 30 min. So far so good, after the guide finished downloading/indexing the speed is 100% better!

I Know after I found the upgrade - I had problems getting into some menu's - I unplugged it and rebooted -- all seems to be fine now. Had to reset my channel lists etc. but the guide does load faster which is way cool

Got the upgrade near Jackson, MS this am. It took about 20 minutes to complete.

I love the guide speed improvment and will be trying other features after work.

Is it??? Can it Be???

:D Weeee!!! My Directivo is currently updating it's software! I noticed that it called out today while we were out and that it was pending a re-start. I put that sucker in standby, pulled the plug (even waited the D* tech support recommended 30 seconds) and fired it back up. When I did it said on the tivo splash screens that it was getting new software from tivo. Shortly after, and new splash screen with the D* logo appeared and it told me that it was "Preparing for a software update" and that it could take up to an hour!

This must be it! :clap :clap :clap

riggscm said:
okay... freaking Albuquerque got it... but not me... IN CHICAGO DMA!!!

damn you DirecTV, and your evil remote sales schemes

Don't tell me that New Orleans acutally got the update before the Chicago DMA?!?!? :eek:

Say it aint so, Joe... Say it aint so!

cr0mag said:
Don't tell me that New Orleans acutally got the update before the Chicago DMA?!?!? :eek:

Say it aint so, Joe... Say it aint so!

Sorry, in Chicago DMA and one of my two updated on 5/23.

BTW, why did you go through putting it in standby and pulling the plug to restart vs. just going through the menus and telling it to restart?

rad said:
Sorry, in Chicago DMA and one of my two updated on 5/23.

BTW, why did you go through putting it in standby and pulling the plug to restart vs. just going through the menus and telling it to restart?

I really don't have an answer for you on that one...lol. Just seemed like the thing to do.

cr0mag said:
I really don't have an answer for you on that one...lol. Just seemed like the thing to do.

No problem. I was just wondering if you knew something that being a better way to restart. Thanks

It has nothing to do with DMA, it's totally random but since we're here.....

I'm in the Chicago DMA as well. 2 of my 4 units received the update on 5/18 & 5/20 respectively. But nothing for my other 2 yet.

One of those that has not gotten it is also a DVR40 but I'm sure I've read posts by people who had DVR 40's or 80's and did get the update. It's just luck of the draw I guess. My DVR40 is the one I really want to get it since I added a drive to that one and it's REALLLLLLLLY slow.

Hmmm... Could it be going "model by model"? I have an old Hughes HDVR2. I think it was only the 2nd gen of the hughes D* tivo boxes?

Portland oregon , I got the 6.2 upgrade last night

I just got the 6.2 update last night, Man I wish they had something in the works for the HD Tivo, then my whole house would be zipping along, I live in Portland oregon. LOL

Tried again for the update on my Huges SD DVR40.

My R10 didn't need it, but my Samsun SIR S4080R got it the update Wednesday.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)