Software Update 6.2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It took a while, but my Phillips DVR708 was updated this evening, (Asheville, NC). I'd just had to have a replacement for an R10 with a bum hard drive, so I was a bit worried I'd be missed. :)

I think the phillips came out of the 6.2 upgrade with faster than R10 Tivo Guide. I don't use the DTV guide, because it's still painfully slow. (I do wish they'd set up the window button for picture in picture though.. :))

Have a good one all.

JackM,
Go to your tivo menu and to under "messages and set-up", under that should be "system information", from there you will be able to see what software you have and other information like last successful call, downloads, etc...

I have a Phillips 708 and still no upgrade. My next scheduled call is tomorrow (Sat 2 AM) so if I do not have it when I check Saturday AM, I'll force another call. I haven't wanted force a call during week because if the upgrade hits I'll lose the ability to watch TV in my den during the upgrade (wife would be real unhappy).

Mike A said:
I have a Phillips 708 and still no upgrade. My next scheduled call is tomorrow (Sat 2 AM) so if I do not have it when I check Saturday AM, I'll force another call. I haven't wanted force a call during week because if the upgrade hits I'll lose the ability to watch TV in my den during the upgrade (wife would be real unhappy).

You can always call in, it won't do anything until the unit restarts either by you telling it to or when it does it in the middle of the night.

I'm in Houston, and I got mine last weekend, but a buddy of mine here didn't get his yet, so very hit-or-miss apparently...

Got it Thursday night/Friday morning

I received the upgrades on the 2 units I have (NY area). One went fine (model SD-DVR40) the other (DVR2, i think?) was OK but when I use the chanel up or down button the banner comes up just as if I were pushing the info button (and the chanel doesn't change). I went up to advanced customer support & they are sending me a reconditioned unit w/ a 90 day warranty since they couldn't correct the problem.

I have to give a thumbs-up to customer service, they were excellent (as I always find them). I switched to D* from Cable a few years ago due to crummy customer service & have kept D* b/c they are great in that respect.

nectarologist said:
I received the upgrades on the 2 units I have (NY area). One went fine (model SD-DVR40) the other (DVR2, i think?) was OK but when I use the chanel up or down button the banner comes up just as if I were pushing the info button (and the chanel doesn't change). I went up to advanced customer support & they are sending me a reconditioned unit w/ a 90 day warranty since they couldn't correct the problem.

I have to give a thumbs-up to customer service, they were excellent (as I always find them). I switched to D* from Cable a few years ago due to crummy customer service & have kept D* b/c they are great in that respect.
My HDVR2 got the upgrade last nite or early today and did the same thing. The upgrade resets your settings back to the factory defalt settings, thereby wiping out your fav channels list. The channel you were viewing and couldn't change was the last channel the tivo was on before the upgrade. You have to go back and reset them. Try it and I bet it works unless D* killed your card for that unit after you called them. Whoever you talked to at D* should have known this. I'm 1/2 way between Balt. and DC. upgrade area wise.

Thanks!

Thank you Raymo721. I'm really surprised CS didn't know this, especially considering it was an "upper tier" rep that I was transfered to. I even read the message that appeard re channel listings when I pushed "guide." She did try but I guess she never came across it before. Thanks again though (you saved me from having to transfer a few recordings that I've saved over to tape).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)