Software Update 6.2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
oldguy1 said:
My Hughes D* TIVO is in the process of updating with the new firmware. Columbus, Ohio.

OK, I lost the 30 sec commercial skip and the new software won't take the old codes.

ANyone good at hacking the code?

Damn Dirty Ape said:
How does one "force " the update call like mentioned a few posts up?

Go into the phone options and there should be a command that says make call now or call dvr service. I can't remember what it said because the wording to force a call changed after I got the software update.

dgordo said:
Go into the phone options and there should be a command that says make call now or call dvr service. I can't remember what it said because the wording to force a call changed after I got the software update.

aha. found it thanks! unfortunately nothing came down for me. :no

Got the 6.2 upgrade here in Richmond, Va. yesterday morning around 6:00 am. The folders (groups) are cool, and faster also. :up

Columbus Ohio here...mine says Pending ...says going to restart at 2:00 am to download new software....can I just restart it myself??

forced a call on both of my Tivos last night and got the upgrade i am in SC Guide is alot faster

FlyingJ said:
Columbus Ohio here...mine says Pending ...says going to restart at 2:00 am to download new software....can I just restart it myself??

Yes. Unplug your unit and plug it back in. Expect to wait 25 minutes or so for the software download.

As of last night, New Orleans is still waiting for the upgrade... They shouldn't send the mailers out so early... we're all going to wear out the D* button on our remotes! ;)

It's an evil plot to get back at everyone who ever called customer retention, and recoup some money! heheheh...
"No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!".... lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)