Software Update 6.2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I live in Sturgis, MI and forced a call last night. The magical words "pending restart" appeared and I now have 6.2. Everything seems much faster and the folders option is very nice.

Van Wert, OH. SD-DVR80 and it auto restarted on its own with the update. Woo-hoo! Now does anyone know if the upgraded DVR's support LBA48 so I can put a 400GB harddrive in it?

Eric

Youngstown, OH Still no upgrade, I also forced the call several times, even tried dialing a Columbus OH number long distance just to see if I could get it, still no go for me....

ekgermann said:
Van Wert, OH. SD-DVR80 and it auto restarted on its own with the update. Woo-hoo! Now does anyone know if the upgraded DVR's support LBA48 so I can put a 400GB harddrive in it?

Eric

Well, I don't know about a 400GB drive, but I just now finished upgrading my Samsung S4040 to a 160 GB drive using the free boot CD from PTVupgrade. It most certainly does support LBA48, as I now have 140 hours capacity. I used the Hinsdale guide and it worked without a hitch.

MattJ2124 said:
Youngstown, OH Still no upgrade, I also forced the call several times, even tried dialing a Columbus OH number long distance just to see if I could get it, still no go for me....

Either I'm very lucky or they're getting toward the end of the upgrades. I got it on the last of my 4 DVR's yesterday. Two of them got it early on in the first few days (prior to the 21st) and the other two got it over the last 4 days, the last one getting it last night.

Can you imagine how anxious we're all going to be when we have HMS installed and we're waiting for updates to that thing? sheesh!!!

Youngstown OH again, complained last night that I didnt have 6.2, forced a call today and got the new software. Not really that impressed yet, seems the same to me, and my guide has always been pretty quick, still have to play with the new folders though, but other then that I got impatient for nothing....

I guess my question is this: If I leave the stock drive in place and ADD a 400GB drive as the second drive, will the stock 6.2 "just recognize it" (i.e. all the space, not just 137GB of it)

If anyone has done that, let me know (or anything > 137GB as the second drive on to a SD-DVR80 with 6.2).

Thanks

ERic

The ability to see larger drives was supposedly one of the upgrades in 6.2. Think you would be OK with a larger drive now.

One of my 2 Tivo's got the 6.2 upgrade this week. My daughter is loving her folders. :) I have had them on my R10.

When you guys are speaking of "forcing the call"...

I have a phone and connection menu that tells me when it last called in, when it will next and has options "test call", "change options" "update now"..

I'm presuming that "update now" = "forcing the call", correct?

All I'm getting is dialing...connecting...negotiating.. downloading (about 5 seconds), then loading.. succeeded.

On the same screen it shows "software 3.xx.xxx.x".

This is where the update would come in, correct?

Philips 708 I think it is.

Damn Dirty Ape said:
When you guys are speaking of "forcing the call"...

I have a phone and connection menu that tells me when it last called in, when it will next and has options "test call", "change options" "update now"..

I'm presuming that "update now" = "forcing the call", correct?

All I'm getting is dialing...connecting...negotiating.. downloading (about 5 seconds), then loading.. succeeded.

On the same screen it shows "software 3.xx.xxx.x".

This is where the update would come in, correct?

Philips 708 I think it is.

The software is already on your harddrive, the phone call only tells the box when to activate it. On my box SD-DVR40 the option was 'Make daily call now' to 'force' a call, the update now that you mention sounds like the same thing. When the call in is told to activate the upgrade the status message will change to restart required, after the reboot the new code would be ready.

rad said:
The software is already on your harddrive, the phone call only tells the box when to activate it. On my box SD-DVR40 the option was 'Make daily call now' to 'force' a call, the update now that you mention sounds like the same thing. When the call in is told to activate the upgrade the status message will change to restart required, after the reboot the new code would be ready.

So it's already on my drive? When did it arrive, and why would'nt it activate immediately upon download?

WOOOHOOO... as I was typing the above I forced a call and it now says pending restart. heheh.. thanks to all!

Damn Dirty Ape said:
So it's already on my drive? When did it arrive, and why would'nt it activate immediately upon download?

Saw your other post saying it's updating. D* downloads it all but then does a slow activation just in case there are problems that they don't get hit with a ton of phone calls from customers, spreads out the potential for problems.

Where do you find the software you have listed?

I recently purchased a new Direct TV Tivo - my next scheduled call out is tonight - but how can you find the software you currently have? I almost think I saw somewhere listed software 6.1 and some other numbers - but now I can't find where I saw it. I use to have Dish - and a 721 - but alot of problems with it. So far Direct is great...Thanks for the help.

Jackm said:
I recently purchased a new Direct TV Tivo - my next scheduled call out is tonight - but how can you find the software you currently have? I almost think I saw somewhere listed software 6.1 and some other numbers - but now I can't find where I saw it. I use to have Dish - and a 721 - but alot of problems with it. So far Direct is great...Thanks for the help.

If you have an D R10 it comes loaded with 6.1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts