Software Version 6.16

I"m in St. Louis as well. I'm not sure if my problems are specific to L615 or not, but over the last couple of weeks (within the spool period of L615, which I have on both my 622 and 722) I have serious problems tuning in my local HD's via SAT. I haven't noticed any audio dropouts when it is working, but when it isn't working I get no locals signal at all. Sometimes it's specific to a channel like NBC and sometimes it happens to multiple channels like NBC and CBS. I don't recall having any local HD problems before the holidays.

I will double check the software version when I get home and see if i've been spooled L616 yet and if so the state of my tuning problem.

I am in STL as well and I was watching a recorded event off of NBC, and the audio dropouts and freezing picture were worse. L616 has made things worse than they were with L615.

I am in STL as well and I was watching a recorded event off of NBC, and the audio dropouts and freezing picture were worse. L616 has made things worse than they were with L615.

Are you sure you don't have another issue? Everyone is assuming that the issue Dish was trying to fix pertains to ABC and Fox only, possibly because they're 720p instead of 1080i.

Are you sure you don't have another issue? Everyone is assuming that the issue Dish was trying to fix pertains to ABC and Fox only, possibly because they're 720p instead of 1080i.
As I just posted on the 'sticky' L615 thread:

I had NO audio issues with 614.

My box never got 615, but received 616 yesterday.

It INTRODUCED an audio problem on my local CBS (haven't checked NBC or ABC yet) that was never there before!

I remember watching last nights BCS game (on Fox) and having no problems.

As I just posted on the 'sticky' L615 thread:

I had NO audio issues with 614.

My box never got 615, but received 616 yesterday.

It INTRODUCED an audio problem on my local CBS (haven't checked NBC or ABC yet) that was never there before!

I remember watching last nights BCS game (on Fox) and having no problems.

If you want us to " objectively " deal with your problem :D , you need to fill in the Location in your profile...

Here is another example that just came up (I simplified the names from a real example this Sunday).

Suppose you had a dish pass for a show named "Fred's Show".

And suppose you have a DVR timer for a show on Sunday at 6pm on a channel called "Sunday News"

If that DVR timer on Sunday at 6pm is skipped due to wrong program, then that listing will no longer match any other timer.

In other words, if they air "Fred's Snow" instead of "Sunday News", then the DVR timer will skip due to not being "Sunday News", but the "Fred's Show" dish pass will not catch it either, and if you go to the upcoming schedule screen for "Fred's Show" dish pass it will show nothing even though there is that airing at 6pm.

I watched live and recorded shows the past 2 days, after getting 6.16 on my 622 and 722. No audio dropouts noticed at all. I did have the drop out issue on my 622, and it was getting bad, now I don't have explain it during the football games.

I am continuing to have problems here in STL, particularly with NBC (KSDK) and CBS (KMOV). Last night I checked these on TV2, which is connected to an SD TV via coax, and the audio drops were still quite evident.

If you want us to " objectively " deal with your problem :D , you need to fill in the Location in your profile...
Done! :D

Duluth, Ga.....Atlanta DMA.

Sat HD locals and OTA on 722.

Trouble was on recording of "Numbers" on WGCL 46 (off Sat local) the local CBS affiliate. Mostly "quiet" dropouts (stutters) but a few speaker rattling "kapows" as well. (Denon AVR 3802 thru 4 large Polk Towers, large Polk center and Boston THX sub)

Bona fides pass? ;)

Trouble was on recording of "Numbers" on WGCL 46 (off Sat local) the local CBS affiliate. Mostly "quiet" dropouts (stutters) but a few speaker rattling "kapows" as well.

If you have not already done this since receiving L616, try unplugging the DVR for 10-20 seconds while it is not recording, and at least 10 minutes before any upcoming timer (to be on the safe side).

Sometimes that will clear problems that occur from the update process, rather than the software itself.

If you get a further problem on CBS after that, that would indicate a data point of a problem in your area.

that would indicate a data point of a problem in your area.
That just happened to coincide with a new software download?

I did a soft reboot.
A hard reboot is a pain in the butt to get to. (Oh when will Dish grace us with detachable power cords?)

BTW....the Ravens v Titans game on CBS is just as awful as last night's recording of Numbers. Both off-air and 129.

By area, I mean Duluth.

What is occurring is that different software versions cause different problems with different HD locals of different cities. ;)

L614 fixed video problems with 1080i HD locals in S.F. and other markets, but that caused audio dropouts in 720p HD locals in S.F. and other markets.

L615 fixed those audio dropouts, but caused new problems in Sainf Louis HD Locals.

It's possible that L616 causes problems with HD locals in your area.

Here is another example that just came up (I simplified the names from a real example this Sunday).

Suppose you had a dish pass for a show named "Fred's Show".

And suppose you have a DVR timer for a show on Sunday at 6pm on a channel called "Sunday News"

If that DVR timer on Sunday at 6pm is skipped due to wrong program, then that listing will no longer match any other timer.

In other words, if they air "Fred's Snow" instead of "Sunday News", then the DVR timer will skip due to not being "Sunday News", but the "Fred's Show" dish pass will not catch it either, and if you go to the upcoming schedule screen for "Fred's Show" dish pass it will show nothing even though there is that airing at 6pm.

Name based recording uses the name of the show to catch the show. Hence the name "Name Based Recording".

Use time based timers if the name of your show is going to change.

I got L616 overnight and have begun testing various issues that L615 caused.

My 622 has already self-rebooted once this morning, so I did a hard-poweroff reboot and we'll see how it behaves.

Testing various audio, video and menu items to see how it goes. Is this the "official" testing thread, or is there someplace else here I should be reporting my test results? Thanks.

Just for the record I live in Dallas have two 722, Had no audio or video issues (did have the auto tune issue) with 6.14, 6.15 or now 6.16, I have three 750 gig EHDs that I swap between and I throughly enjoy the folders. I have a roof antenna and frequently record on over the air channels as well as thier HD sat counter parts, guess I am the lucky one just no issues to report.

Correct. Again if your channel decides to keep changing the name of a show used the time based recording. I record all kinds of stuff and never have this issue you speak of.

I just noticed today on my 211, I record the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson off CBS OTA and the name of the show changed to Late Late Show/Craig n the guide and my timer is still there and working.

I actually have copies of both on the 211 HDD, that's how I noticed, they were listed seperately on the recordings list.

I never changed anything, but the show is still being recorded with the name being changed.

Correct. Again if your channel decides to keep changing the name of a show used the time based recording. I record all kinds of stuff and never have this issue you speak of.

This is not the same as the other situation in the other thread.

The channel is not changing the name of any show in this case.

They pre-empt a show one week for something trivial like the Olympics.

That makes the status of the DVR timer "incorrect event".

If you have a Dish Pass set for the event that actually is being shown in that time slot, it will not be found.

Dish is aware of the bug, but they are clearly focusing on the playback issues on HD locals and haven't had time for the more minor ones.

I mention these things so that people are aware they need to check their Schedule (three presses of the DVR button) to make sure that what they want is not skipped.

Just another example, I had to restore a timer tomorrow that was not being recorded due to a typo in the Tribune Listings, I kid you not...

Got my L616 apparently late Fri night or Sat. morning. Recorded a local SD show Sunday, no dropouts. Went back to check on an older recording (pre L616), same channel, drop-outs still there. So maybe this takes care of the issue for future SD local recordings, but on older recordings if you recorded them you've got them..

I noted on the Sunday recording that this upgrade does not fix the lip-sync issue. Talking heads, audio a split second ahead of the video. No observed problem on live programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)