Software Version 6.16

Got 616 the other night straight from 614 on my 722. My wife had an auto-tune set for our 2-year-old daughter that every time it attempted to auto-tune, the 722 would reboot. Deleted the timer and when I attempted to reset it, the 722 froze and had to be soft booted. Let me set the timer this time and it auto-tuned OK this morning.

I got 6.16 on my VIP722 overnight... my wife just called me from home saying that today error messages keep coming up on the screen and they can't really watch TV because its happening so much... I've never had problem #1 with my 722 before now....

I got 6.16 on my VIP722 overnight... my wife just called me from home saying that today error messages keep coming up on the screen and they can't really watch TV because its happening so much... I've never had problem #1 with my 722 before now....

What's the error message? Ask her to reboot the receiver and see if that helps. Just unplug the power cord and plug it back in.

She didn't tell me the error number... but I'll ask if/when she calls back... I told her to hold down the power button and reset the unit....

722 freezes with 616 if you try to set a DVR timer for something you have already set an auto-tune timer for. Have to get rid of the auto-tune timer first to prevent this from occuring. No problems with 614, would just base it on priority.

I just got 616 last night and I thought it was because I spent an hour on the phone with a level 2 tech on Saturday discussing my audio blip issue on recorded / paused shows from our local ABC station. She said she put in a trouble ticket to push the software update to my box. Sounds like it was planned all along. No issues here though, and I haven't experienced the audio blips since 616 arrived!

Another update. I do have 6.16 and when watching the NFL live on Fox I never noticed any drop outs. I just finished watching 24 on the 622 DVR and on the Monday's episodes there were some drop outs. The small ones I can hit the skip back and they are gone, the large ones remain. Didn't notice this on any other channels playback.

I got 616 2-3 nights ago.. finally had a chance to test it last night.. recorded Scrubs from Tues night (Fox) and watched ~5 minutes of it last night (not a show I normally watch).. no sound blips at all.

Even better (and more surprising), I watched some stuff from last week (when I still had 614) and IT also had no blips (I didn't realize 616 fixed material recorded before it was loaded).

Knock wood.. so far so good!

I got 616 2-3 nights ago.. finally had a chance to test it last night.. recorded Scrubs from Tues night (Fox) and watched ~5 minutes of it last night (not a show I normally watch).. no sound blips at all.

Even better (and more surprising), I watched some stuff from last week (when I still had 614) and IT also had no blips (I didn't realize 616 fixed material recorded before it was loaded).

Knock wood.. so far so good!
Was that the old/syndicated version?
If not, the new season of scrubs is on tues nights on ABC.

Overnight I went from 614 to 616. So far, I have seen 2 issues.

I scrolled my channels and INSP gets the "you are not authorized" pop-up.
The second issue which is annoying is: it takes an inordinate amount of time to change channels. I did do a soft reboot to no avail.

Was that the old/syndicated version?
If not, the new season of scrubs is on tues nights on ABC.

No clue.. I was simply looking for something to record/test... I'm not aware that old/new made any difference in the audio problem, only the SW level being used on the 622/722

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)