Some menu changes coming to VIP receivers

No it wasn't a bug. There used to be a pop up that told you you could use the page up and down for that purpose. It doesn't work any longer on the 722 but it used to work on the 6000 and the 811 as well.

Do people really not know what ascending and descending mean? If that is the case, maybe they should be reading a book instead of trying to figure out their TV Guide.

Like dahenny said, they used to work on my 722, but no longer do. I was looking at my 211 and there Page up cycles through HD Stretch-Partial Zoom- Zoom-Gray Bar-Normal

Had this problem, but I fixed mine by simply resetting my 722 back to factory default and then replacing my settings. Everything works now just like it did before the download broke it!

No, HD only is an option on recording. All HD is a guide option and only show HD channels. All Sub and All Chan show both SD and HD. There is no option for SD only nor for HD and SD if no HD.

-Ken

My 722k right now is set for SD only,with HD disabled.All my HD channels in the guide are listed in the 4 digit area in my guide.

Had this problem, but I fixed mine by simply resetting my 722 back to factory default and then replacing my settings. Everything works now just like it did before the download broke it!

I can confirm KazooGuy's solution. Thanks to him all is well. The only issue is that PiP on the 622 still doesn't work right, but I can live with that. Thanks again KazooGuy.

Ok Scott And Why are they doing this for is it to consolidate the menus in to one group anyway and why do i have purchase a OTA Module for if my local channels will be unrestricted anyway!!!!

I was kind of hoping they would give us the option to put Closed Captions on TV-2...

You can have CC on TV2 but it is supplied by the TV itself, not by the Dish receiver, so it is controlled by your TV remote.

CC on TV1 is generated by the Dish receiver, giving you foreground/background/color/font controls.
It would be nice if it were not so many levels into the menu.

-Ken

I don't know where you get this idea from but the "page" buttons do NOTHING with the aspect display on any 622/722/722k/922 receiver

I can confirm the page keys handle aspect ratios on the 612 but not the 622. I have a 612 and a 622 with each with a HD tv and SD tv hooked up. If you press the # on the 612, a little popup raises that advises you to use the page keys. The advantage being that you can set the HD aspect ratio differently from that on SD shows. (different settings for each) Page up rotates through the HD settings, page down rotates through the SD settings.

I prefer the 612 way of doing it. I can set an aspect ratio for the SD TV without affecting it on the HD set. I always wondered why it wasn't implemented this way on the 622.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts