Someone Help me PLEASE!!!

furiousmonk

Original poster
Dec 2, 2004
hi fellow HDTV fans!!!
I recently moved from nyc to south florida...i was given a voom dish and reciever from a friend (active until the end of the month on his account!!!) I cannot technically install the dish on the roof of my condo, because it recently became against the rules (damn these condo boards and their rules). I picked the lock to the roof, and have tried unsuccessfully for the past 2 nights to install the dish. I just can't seem to get a signal. I spoke to my friend who assured me that that the dish and reciever were working fine a few days ago, and he has not cancelled his service yet. I really really miss hdtv (i have a optoma ezpro 735 hd projector) and would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with this. I know that it needs a se los at 61.5. how do i figure out where that is and position the dish? thanks in advance
monk

Well, first thing is Voom will NOT activate the receiver. They absolutely will not activate a used receiver for anybody except the original owner.

how do i apply the azimuth and elevation angle?
sorry for the noob question...this is my first attempt at satellite
thanks,
monk

For starters, you need a compas... ;)

lol...
pretty much the only thing i know is which direction is southeast...as for everything else...

furiousmonk said:
lol...
pretty much the only thing i know is which direction is southeast...as for everything else...
Good. Then you should be able to figure out where North is ;)
Rotate the compass so that "0" mark points north, and then use the numeric scale to locate your azimuth.
If your compass doesn't have numeric scale - you need a better compass!

Here are some other helpful resources for you posted by MNHTUG in another thread:
MNHTUG said:
If your interested in giving it a try, the following link will help you find the sat from your location.

Point your satellite dish...

Rainbow1 (61.5) from Minneapolis:
Azimuth: 138.785508
Elevation: 29.414098

Other Sat Point Calculators:
Look Angle Calculator
SatCalcView

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)