Something Unusal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

66mustang

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Greeneville,TN
I know their has been changes to the programming and fees. For some reason my DVR fee went from $10 to $25. My equipment is HD boxes but I do not subscribe to HD. My locals are on the 99 bird. So does all of the sudden D* think I sub to HD because I have the HD equipment? I have a DVR in my living room and one in a bedroom. Confused.

sounds like it. also sounds like you have the advanced whole home feature enabled on your DVR, as i believe that is rolled into that cost as well. time to make a phone call.

I was on the phone with a CSR for 30 minutes Friday. He couldn't understand the change but he took it off and assured me by bill was correct. Got an e-mail to confirm it. So I go to pay my bill online today and the charge is still there. I did notice that the whole home feature was suddenly available but it wasn't when I had my install 18 months ago. I have that feature turned off because I was afraid I would pick the whole home cost.

I was on the phone with a CSR for 30 minutes Friday. He couldn't understand the change but he took it off and assured me by bill was correct. Got an e-mail to confirm it. So I go to pay my bill online today and the charge is still there. I did notice that the whole home feature was suddenly available but it wasn't when I had my install 18 months ago. I have that feature turned off because I was afraid I would pick the whole home cost.
What recvrs are you currently using ?
Also Dish if you know.

Not sure if this is still policy, but at one point DirecTV wouldn't let you have HD equipment and not have the HD access fee. Same with DVR. So if that still applies you would have to have HD/DVR access or return those receivers and accept something else. Not sure if that is the case today.

Some markets have MPEG4 locals that are HD only, that they would allow non-HD access accounts in those exception situations, so it got to be a tough area to figure out.

Could be having the HR24 is auto adding those services to your account and the CSR doesn't understand what is happening.

Not sure if this is still policy, but at one point DirecTV wouldn't let you have HD equipment and not have the HD access fee. Same with DVR. So if that still applies you would have to have HD/DVR access or return those receivers and accept something else. Not sure if that is the case today.

Some markets have MPEG4 locals that are HD only, that they would allow non-HD access accounts in those exception situations, so it got to be a tough area to figure out.

Could be having the HR24 is auto adding those services to your account and the CSR doesn't understand what is happening.
That's the only reason I have HD equipment. My locals was at one time on the 72.5 bird. Now they are on the 99 bird as far as I know.

Looked at my bill online this morning and yet again D* is trying to charge me a 25.00 DVR fee. Does this happen to anyone else?

Looked at my bill online this morning and yet again D* is trying to charge me a 25.00 DVR fee. Does this happen to anyone else?
Its Not a $25 DVR fee, as it's been mentioned, it covers HD and DVR and Whole Home fees.

I would call them and remind them that you don't have HD.

I think it's probably a situation that if the computer sees a HD recvr on the account it's automatically kicking in the HD fee.

Its Not a $25 DVR fee, as it's been mentioned, it covers HD and DVR and Whole Home fees.

I would call them and remind them that you don't have HD.

I think it's probably a situation that if the computer sees a HD recvr on the account it's automatically kicking in the HD fee.
That's my guess too Jimbo. When I called them last month the first thing they said was "Not sure why that charge is on there, you do not have HD"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)