SonicBabble Down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
When I try to go to SonnicBabble I get a problem loading page error. "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading."

Is anyone else having this problem?

Capture.JPG I was able to get in just fine but AVG shows a blocked threat. :confused:

I can only get in using Tapatalk on my phone. I cannot access using a webbrowser from any computer nor my phone

Sorry guys. I have been busy dealing with the death of my grand dad (the funeral was today).
We are aware that there is an issue with the site, there should be a thread on sonic talking about it, it is in a different section than the main one though, so if you missed it, my apologies.
It appears that there is NO threat to our members, but there will be some sporatic down time as we clean some stuff out, and update the software.

I want to send out a personal thank you to Madtown for coming back and pretty much handling this until I get the time to assist with my limited knowledge of the software. Thanks.

Todd alerted me the other day that he was getting alerts about a threat on his site. His host scanned his site and his server and it came up clean, but something was running that caused the site to get listed on a number of alert sites.

Chances are almost 100% that a rouge ad that was running (that he has no control over they are Syndicated and he gets sent whatever the ad agency sends him.) These rouge ads seem to happen on the weekends when there is no one at the ad agencies to notice or fix the issue. Its a shame that some idiots inject these ads as sites like SonicBabble (and ours) depend on Ad Revenue to stay online as bandwidth, servers and software is not free.

For safe browsing I highly recommend that you make sure that you Flash Player is the latest version, as that is how a majority of these trojans get into your computer.

I have been on SonicBabble for the last half hour and no alerts or issues.

Todd alerted me the other day that he was getting alerts about a threat on his site. His host scanned his site and his server and it came up clean, but something was running that caused the site to get listed on a number of alert sites.

Chances are almost 100% that a rouge ad that was running (that he has no control over they are Syndicated and he gets sent whatever the ad agency sends him.) These rouge ads seem to happen on the weekends when there is no one at the ad agencies to notice or fix the issue. Its a shame that some idiots inject these ads as sites like SonicBabble (and ours) depend on Ad Revenue to stay online as bandwidth, servers and software is not free.

For safe browsing I highly recommend that you make sure that you Flash Player is the latest version, as that is how a majority of these trojans get into your computer.

I have been on SonicBabble for the last half hour and no alerts or issues.

They have since scanned it again, and we have an open ticket with them and vbull to resolve the issue
I turned off the ads that we had to in the hopes that it would fix it.

Should have it fixed soon, but again, as far as I, Madtown, Hostgator, and Vbull can tell, there is no danger to the users.(besides an irritating inconvenience)

You should go into the admincp and then go to Maintenance >> Diagnostics >> then select SUSPECT FILE VERSIONS and see if it reports those files as suspicious or not.

Just tried to reply to the thread, still getting the message that I do not have permission. Its alright though I am not all that worried about it right now, I am sure considering the events of the day you have things to do. Ill try again later and see if it is working.

Only took a second. You are now fully registered.

You should go into the admincp and then go to Maintenance >> Diagnostics >> then select SUSPECT FILE VERSIONS and see if it reports those files as suspicious or not.

Will do, thanks scott.
Madtown may have already done this, not sure, but I will check for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.