Sonicview 360 elite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Read the review in tele-satellite and thought about getting one. The dual tuner thing sounds cool. I've had 2 dual tuner PVR's before in the Pansat 5000 & 6000 and both had hiccups. Specifically st-st-stuttering on the TV...so....

Anybody own one?
How is the blind scan on it?
Is the motor control any good? I know some Sonicviews are really bad

Thoughts???

The blind scan is actually quite good. It's not too customizable other than fast and detail settings and choice of polarity but it does quite well on low SR signals. I am now using it as my DSNG receiver, retiring the Coolsat 5000. The AFC on the 5000 is just too wide and on the Elite it's just about right. The Q meter is a bit free for me as it is possible to peg it but it is very useful in that a signal will lock down in the teens. I have heard that some people are running 2 seperate motorized dishes on the two tuners. I have the DSNG group of dishes on tuner 1 and an output from my C/KU dish on tuner 2. I believe it will now work with Channel Master also. One aggravation is it sometimes will add some bogus frequencies to the frequency list after scanning a satellite.

I tested it with a motor when I first got it and it performed well.

The blind scan is actually quite good. It's not too customizable other than fast and detail settings and choice of polarity but it does quite well on low SR signals.
heard it goes up to 12900 too (from the review)...not too happy with that but there's work arounds

I am now using it as my DSNG receiver, retiring the Coolsat 5000. The AFC on the 5000 is just too wide and on the Elite it's just about right. The Q meter is a bit free for me as it is possible to peg it but it is very useful in that a signal will lock down in the teens.
very nice :)

I have heard that some people are running 2 seperate motorized dishes on the two tuners.
interesting. But you can use 2 lines from a motorized right?

I have the DSNG group of dishes on tuner 1 and an output from my C/KU dish on tuner 2. I believe it will now work with Channel Master also.

I tested it with a motor when I first got it and it performed well.

good to know. Everything I've been able to find is from the sewer so they dont care about motorized or blind scan :rolleyes:

One aggravation is it sometimes will add some bogus frequencies to the frequency list after scanning a satellite.
sounds like the network scan is set to on. I know on the Visionsat it will do that and find some bogus transponders. I just turn that to off

I liked the review from tele-satellite but it seems like the US guy never does a full blown test. He tests G25 and maybe one other satellite. When he did the review on the T90 he used 4 sats (74,79,83,87) whereas I filled the arm on it. The other reviews on there are usually thorough

I don't like the fact that it starts C band blind scans at 3000 instead of 3400 (this needs to be customizable), but since it sees nothing there it boogies through the blank area so it really isn't that bad.

The bogus frequencies don't come from the network scan but are REALLY bogus, like 739 Mhz SR 59000 or 21228 Mhz SR 328, stuff like that.

You should be able to set the two tuners in any combination you want.

good to know about the bogus frequencies. I've seen another box I owned do that but it escapes me right now as to which one ;)

It seems like the original SV1000 did that. It's not a deal breaker tho...not every scan and not every satellite...just a "sometimes" thing.

I'm more worried about an accurate blind scan and motor control than a few bogus TP's :)

Have you tried the PVR options?

Not as much as I would like to...yet. What I saw of it it worked fine...I played with it when I first got it. I don't have my external drive connected and I forgot to do it when I had the cabinet out from the wall the last time. My wife reminded me about it tho....:(

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)