Sonicview 8000HD HELP!!!!!!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

MrDishman

Original poster
Oct 16, 2006
I bought a Sonicview on Ebay so I could use it for a true FTA. When received it, It would not lock on to any channels, plus it would not show any signal. So I loaded a factory bin file. Then it worked, but I was not able to scan my UHF channels plus I lost my network setting. So I tried another file, same thing. Next thing I know, it shuts off and now it won't boot up. Tried loading a file from PC with RS232 and null cable.
WITH NO LUCK.
:cry:
Any Help would be appreciated
Bill

I bought a Sonicview on Ebay so I could use it for a true FTA. When received it, It would not lock on to any channels, plus it would not show any signal. So I loaded a factory bin file. Then it worked, but I was not able to scan my UHF channels plus I lost my network setting. So I tried another file, same thing. Next thing I know, it shuts off and now it won't boot up. Tried loading a file from PC with RS232 and null cable.
WITH NO LUCK.
:cry:
Any Help would be appreciated
Bill

Report it to PayPal as "Significantly not as described". They'll have you send it back to the seller (use online tracking to prove he got it back) and then they'll refund your money. That receiver is nearly worthless for true FTA. It was specifically built to steal Dish Network programming, and nothing else.

I would give the eBay seller a chance to accept the return before going thur PayPal they are a nightmare to deal with and could rule in the sellers favorite if they see your post not saying they will but I would use the PayPal process as your last resort.

Just send the seller an email from eBay and say the box is not working and want to return for a refund. You could piss the eBay seller off by going thur PayPal dispute no need unless they will not refund. Be fair ask the seller first I hate when people go straight to dispute give people a chance to make it right.

My SV8000HD is still going strong. I don't use the OTA function of it though.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair using SatelliteGuys

Mine is still working fine, including the OTA function. It's been many moons ago when I had to use my PC to bring it back to life. But, I do remember that I had tried more then 10x times before it took the firmware. Now after many years of service, it's still works, along with the external hard drive.

Thanks for that Info, I will keep trying. I need make sure my RS232 is connecting. I will try testing one of my viewsat to see if my P/C is working one com 1 to my RS232 with my null cable.
Thanks Guys

That was my first FTA receiver and I was able to blind scan many wild feeds with it. I have not used the receiver in quite some time but it is still useful for some stuff. I have heard of power supply problems with these. There is firmware available but I always ended up getting a channel change error.

if it will not boot or it is stuck saying "booting" chances are the power supply is fried, that is a very well known and common problem with the sv8000,

remove the top cover (5 screws, 2 on each side, one at the back) and visually inspect the caps on the power supply board, the power supply is the white board at the left, if you see any with "rounded" or "bubbled" heads/tops that means those caps are shot

the sv8000 is actually a very good quality receiver, excellent pic quality and impressive OSDs/menu setup, it is a shame it cant do DVB-S2

Still using mine for OTA - I did have to replace the power supply caps - bought them from Digikey - they have pretty good prices and don't soak you on the shipping. It has a much better EPG display than either of my TV's. I have a MicroHD now for FTA so no longer use that function on the SV.

I love my sv8000 but it is running out of time. for FTA only I use a el cheapo Openbox s12 as we like to watch PBS KU feeds and this week changing over to MPEG 4 H267 and the SV will not receive. The problem with openbox receivers above S10 is they are smaller and have accessories hanging out like power supply.

After I posted realized that the Openbox s16 is an upgraded S10 with new remote. Is $80 about the same price as s10. I looked at MicroHD and only is for HDMI with a audio out phone jack. Technology is moving too fast and I am moving too slow.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)