This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Sonicview 8000HD problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bart2brett

Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Waterloo, NY
I have just started to program my SV-8000HD and I'm having issues. I have a 10' C&Ku band motorized dish, and I'm moving it with a Gbox mover. The first thing I needed to do was to find a signal for a starting point. So after a lot of trial and error, I have found G19. So before moving on, I thought I'd try a scan on that bird. I am able to get 15 channels only on TP 12177 V 23000. But that's it! Now I know there are hundreds of channels on this satellite, any ideas of where I'm going wrong?

It sounds like you are hitting the button to scan a single TP from the antenna setup menu. Instead of scanning a single TP, have you tried to press the blue button on the remote to blind scan the entire satellite?

when you get to the tranponder that you have a signal on go to the signal meter screen and tweak the lnb skew/depth/dish position until you can max out the signal on that transponder. Then blind scan again and see what you get. I have that receiver and the tuner isn't super sensitive so your dish needs to be very close.

Status
Please reply by conversation.