SonicView 8PSK Sub-Board Adapter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jwwbrennan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
Canada
We use a SonicView 8000HD mostly pointed at AMC21 for our television viewing. As MPEG 4 is finding its way into the delivery system I have two questions regarding the SonicView 8PSK, Sub-Board Adapter and HD Module Upgrade Kit available through Sonic Electronix. Is this board a hacker’s tool or a good solution for when FTA requires it? Why do so few retailers sell the SonicView manufactured product while the A-1 is a standard item?

There are transponders 8PSK modulated with regular FEC coding and 8PSK with Turbo-coded FEC; latest usually used by Dish and most of all encrypted, but some are not. Search and you'll find ;).
No hacking required !

We use a SonicView 8000HD mostly pointed at AMC21 for our television viewing. As MPEG 4 is finding its way into the delivery system I have two questions regarding the SonicView 8PSK, Sub-Board Adapter and HD Module Upgrade Kit available through Sonic Electronix. Is this board a hacker’s tool or a good solution for when FTA requires it? Why do so few retailers sell the SonicView manufactured product while the A-1 is a standard item?
From what I am seeing from that site,I would not buy anything from them,they say you need the Q board and the sub board to make the sonicview capable of HD,that is not true,It does HD without that board,and yes that board is made for hacking,they make it sound like you need that board to have hd,but what they realy mean is you need it to get dishnet turbo 8psk.Sonicview does not make a dvb-s2 board yet but I am hoping they do real soon.

Great answer. It is listed as a SonicView product but no one else has it. That was a curiosity. We already enjoy HD and 3/2 sound through the magic of MPEG2 so that seemed suspect. Bottom line - to me what they are saying is never buy from us.

Thank you babcea.

There are turbo 8psk channels that are free and not encrypted. If you wish to view those channels, you will need a receiver that is capable of receiving this modulation standard. Turbo 8psk is a modulation standard not an encryption type.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)