sonicview sv360 premier----------- back to square one

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jackola

Original poster
Apr 13, 2012
ca
I would like to get my 360 back to a normal FTA receiver. I have followed all the steps to do this.
I have reset to factory default. I have gone to sonicviewusa and downloaded the downloader and the latest factory file. I sent them to a zip file and extracted them to my desktop. Then I cut and pasted them to to my usb thumb drive. If I open the thumb I can see the files, but when I do the off on back and "on" button on front all I get is a screen that says " no usb detected". I need help. All I want is FTA. If I go and reset the factory default by itself will that clear it up for me ? Thanks in advance for any help. If I cant solve the problem the unit is going in the recycle bin.

I owned the Sonicview Elite 360 in the beginning. I bought it new and naively thought it was worth the $150 "deal" price I got. I tried to do what jackola did. I discussed with Sonicview tech support at the time. Bottom line is I could never get that box to work reliably without errors even using the so-called factory firmware. I believe the reason is because even the factory firmware is corrupted. Sonicview said it was because their server had been hacked into. I don't know if that was true. Also, I never had the hub which I believe is used by hackers to get the illegal keys from the Internet to view scrambled programming. I sold the box for 1/3 of what I paid. My recommendation is get rid of any Sonicview. For the $50 I got by selling, I bought a used Openbox S9 and have never looked back, yet had lots of success with the S9.

this is a long shot but some receivers have trouble reading large USB sticks....try to get a small capacity stick like a 256mb or 512mb

Reactions: Tecnicoloco
Why can't you use it for FTA as is? I've been using my 360 Elite for years with absolutely no issues. I just used the existing FTA list and set the correct locations and names I wanted for my area.

S9? Isn't that the POS with so many problems I can spend 3 days reading about them on this site alone?

I live in Northern California. What are the best satellites for fta?

Look through this:

SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - TheList

There is a list of Ku-band sats, and a list of C-band sats. More to watch on C-band (6' dish minimum), but plenty on Ku (30" offset dish minimum) also.

Depending on your line of sight (trees, buildings, mountains...) from NoCal you may be able to see from about 40W to 139W.

That list will give you an idea of what is available, add to that numerous feeds that can pop up anywhere, anytime on most any satellite.

Why can't you use it for FTA as is? I've been using my 360 Elite for years with absolutely no issues.
You answered the question yourself. Those with older firmware may not have a problem with Sonicview receivers. You may have a version of firmware that is not corrupted since you obtained it before problems were introduced. Or you may be fortunate by using the box in a manner that doesn't trigger the errors. But as you go backwards into the older versions of firmware, you give up fixes (and maybe features) that were introduced.

S9? Isn't that the POS with so many problems I can spend 3 days reading about them on this site alone?
The reason you may conclude the S9 has so many problems is more likely due to the number of active users using Openbox receivers these days. The S9 has some problems, but it is still one of the best values currently available for legitimate FTA use. Fortunately, the microHD is going to take over that role, and the current Openbox receivers will become antiques which we'll remember in future with fondness as we look back with nostalgia at the good old days.

Also look what is the software id is that can tell you what you have. I have a 360 premier and sonicview 1000.

Dan Rose

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts