Sony Bravia VPL-AW15

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
Well, a deal too great to pass up. I bought yet another FPTV this one will be going into my company rental and will let everyone know what I think of it. Also if anyone has one with any useful comments; please share.

Sony Bravia VPL-AW15 (NIB) $679 SHIPPED the AW10 was $519 but I assume the 15 may be a bit better.

Well, Best Price Camera (aka J&K) and they called today to say they were back ordered. I am deciding if they are BS'ing me and if I should cancel and shop elsewhere. Thoughts?

Well, Best Price Camera (aka J&K) and they called today to say they were back ordered. I am deciding if they are BS'ing me and if I should cancel and shop elsewhere. Thoughts?

Give Compare Prices, Store Reviews and Ratings by Real People a check before ordering from the "NYC" Camera shops.

This is a scammer co. and will claim it only comes with a 90 lamp and try to sell you a regular lamp and other things. It is sometimes hard to cancel the order with them as well. You may need to report the card lost/stolen and get another card to protect yourself.

Well, based on your recommendation, I did just that. I see a few top ranked places have it a great prices too but at the price difference I will likely look toward something else. Oh well; live & learn.

Thanks 8bit

Well after some debate I went back to Projector Central and researched some "like models" of the Sony listed above and found a preferred retailer of the Mits HC1500 and just ordered it for $775. Seems like a great deal too and LEGIT!

The room I have it in... 73" image, 14' from Pj... thats why I want to move it or get another to go for 100"+although Blade Runner the Final Cut HD DVD is looking pretty good right now (paused waiting for my return)
At 14 feet from the screen you should be able to turn your zoom dial and project a 100 inch screen easily.

Well after a few days of setup and tweak I can say for $775 I am satisfied, BUT if I was passing out recommendations to users looking for 720p FPTVs; I would steer them to a few dollars more up to the Sanyo PLV-Z4/Z5 or the like model Pany's - PT-AX100 or 200U.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts