Sorry to say but I won't be Vooming anymore! (Edit: Totally Back)

I was with Voom for about 10 days. From March 10 till about the 19th. The SD channels soft picture was very bothersome. Figured that a New DBS provider would take the hints from message boards like these that quality of picture matters even for SD channels. For the HD progaming I surely don't like looped programing. I think content for HD is lacking for now and that HD is over rated. When they get some content to hold my interest then it will be worth it. I switced back to Direct for the SD channels sharp picture.

If your primary interest is in SD...then VOOM is clearly not the choice for you. You can get SD anywhere.

Lob

Well, I am totally back! Have seen improvements and there will be more improvements. Not accounting for the great support that VOOM has right now. Like Geno said someone will have to come and get the receiver out of my hands and engage in a bull-dog fight with me to get it from me! Maybe our bull-dog fight can be shown in Rush-HD :)

hahaha. 7 page thread just cause the moderator threatened to leave. if i said i was leaving...my post would get deleted. :D

after I saw the elaborate information sean posted on the voom service and the reciever I knew that this must be THE place for voom users. It is the only place to find out what that red button does ..lmao. Many of the installers dont understand all of it. That post is as good as a motorola user manual! Voom needs to keep Sean as a customer even if it donates the monthly fee!. Where else are you going to find out that software updates come at 4:45 am?

I Am Having Second Thoughts On V*. The SD & HD PQ On D* Is So Much Better Then V*. When It's Nice & Sunny I Get A Signal From 91-94. But Last Night In Rain It Went Down To 69-70 For About 10 Mins. & I Lost Signal. The Same Time My D* Was Still At 90 & My HDs Signal Was Still Above 76. I Don't Think Voom Will Work For Me. I Will Stay For Another Month To See If The PQ Gets Better But I Think The Rain Fade Will Make It Impossible To Stay.

It is the only place to find out what that red button does ..lmao. Many of the installers dont understand all of it.
That's funny, because in the thread where someone was asking about the STB manual, there was a post to Installs Inc with a PDF for them to fill out on the equipment and right on the last page it shows how to use the red button.

vurbano said:
after I saw the elaborate information sean posted on the voom service and the reciever I knew that this must be THE place for voom users. It is the only place to find out what that red button does ..lmao. Many of the installers dont understand all of it. That post is as good as a motorola user manual! Voom needs to keep Sean as a customer even if it donates the monthly fee!. Where else are you going to find out that software updates come at 4:45 am?

Ahh, he's not that good. My software came at 12:34 AM, regardless of what Wilt or Sean say.
:yes

DarrellP said:
That's funny, because in the thread where someone was asking about the STB manual, there was a post to Installs Inc with a PDF for them to fill out on the equipment and right on the last page it shows how to use the red button.
guess I missed it.

ricks said:
Ahh, he's not that good. My software came at 12:34 AM, regardless of what Wilt or Sean say.
:yes
Well I was just trying to make a few examples of the usefullness of the information

wbuffetta said:
I Am Having Second Thoughts On V*. The SD & HD PQ On D* Is So Much Better Then V*. When It's Nice & Sunny I Get A Signal From 91-94. But Last Night In Rain It Went Down To 69-70 For About 10 Mins. & I Lost Signal. The Same Time My D* Was Still At 90 & My HDs Signal Was Still Above 76. I Don't Think Voom Will Work For Me. I Will Stay For Another Month To See If The PQ Gets Better But I Think The Rain Fade Will Make It Impossible To Stay.

Ask Installs Inc for a bigger dish 24" or 30". Complain to them that you are not getting a strong signal when it rains. There are a few cases here of subs that got the 24" or 30" for free from Installs Inc.

Vurbano,

Thanks, That was my next question. How is D* quality on HD for locals? so HD on D* is not up to par for locals.

So here are my options right now.
Stay with Voom
- Install the OTA giant antenna with the $60 credit. It's probably going to cost $120 - $150 total for the antenna and Mast (so $70-100 to me) and it still may not get in ABC & CBS
- Wait out for ESPN

Go to D*
- Get locals but suffer the PQ unless I install an OTA which I may have to pay for myself
- By a HD reciever the quote D* gave me was $299

There is another option:
- Cable? I don't like Cox...

Sean,
In your message you stated, "there will be more improvements". Even though I don't plan on leaving Voom, what were you referring to? Anything special that we should be looking for? Updates...Programming????

Mike

PBHDinSD said:
There is another option:
In my experience on this and every other forum, NOBODY likes COX. They're terrible where I live.

Glad your staying Sean. I'm a little less committed because of some programming concerns.

PBHDinSD said:
Vurbano,

Thanks, That was my next question. How is D* quality on HD for locals? so HD on D* is not up to par for locals.

So here are my options right now.
Stay with Voom
- Install the OTA giant antenna with the $60 credit. It's probably going to cost $120 - $150 total for the antenna and Mast (so $70-100 to me) and it still may not get in ABC & CBS
- Wait out for ESPN

Go to D*
- Get locals but suffer the PQ unless I install an OTA which I may have to pay for myself
- By a HD reciever the quote D* gave me was $299

There is another option:
Cox? omg no. first 100 channels are analog here. You only get cbs and pbs as locals on cox in hd here. You dont even get fox upconverted from 480p to 720p like the local OTA here. I doubt you even get 480p widescreen for fox. AND there is no OTA tuner. A real blunder on Cox's part.

There is no HD locals on D* period. Only with an antenna. You can get CBSHD west or east cost feed if you have a waiver

Try voom and the best antenna, if you dont like voom, I guarrantee you will never give up that OTA antenna and you can use it with D*.

vurbano said:
Cox? omg no. first 100 channels are analog here. You only get cbs and pbs as locals on cox in hd here. You dont even get fox upconverted from 480p to 720p like the local OTA here. I doubt you even get 480p widescreen for fox. AND there is no OTA tuner. A real blunder on Cox's part.

There is no HD locals on D* period. Only with an antenna. You can get CBSHD west or east cost feed if you have a waiver

Try voom and the best antenna, if you dont like voom, I guarrantee you will never give up that OTA antenna and you can use it with D*.
Ok, guys, you talked me into it.

I have been planning to a ground test with the an antenna before it goes up to see if it's even worth it. (e.g. to see if I can get signal strength on CBS and ABC). I can do a stand instead of a mast.

I will tell my wife that large antennas are now instyle. It also could be a statement, you know the bigger the antenna...

VOOOM if you are listening, ESPN please!

vurbano said:

I get CBS West HDon D*-no waiver needed here-looks great btw

eschu97611 said:
I get CBS West HDon D*-no waiver needed here-looks great btw
pardon me, If you are in a CBS O&O you do not need a waiver. But if you are not the local affilaites 99.99% of the time will not give you a waiver unless you prove that you recieve less than a grade B signal I believe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)