sound cuttin out

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jjnanj

Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
Garden City, MI
hi all.

i have the choice xtra package and an hr22-100 dvr.

within the last couple months the sound has been cutting out for about a second or two at a time.

this initially started with my dvr playback, and now has migrated to live tv as well.

for a while it seemed like it was only fox programming that was affected, but it runs to the food network, abc, espn, g4 and every other channel.

within a given 1/2 show it can happen 2-3 times.

anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Many if not most of us have audio dropouts on some Mpeg-4 channels. Turning off DD when watching one of those channels is the only known workaround.

They need to fix this. I have theHR24 and it is horrible, especially on dvr'd material. Worse than I ever had w/ E*.

S~

I called directv and they had nothing to say about it. It has been bugging the heck out of me for weeks. Every 5 minutes or so the sound cuts out for a split second, but my video has had no issues. Is it really the dolby digital? I don't really want to turn that off. Is there any other threads discussing this? For something that is happening to so many people I can't find much on it. I know it's the signal because when I rewind live tv it's always there in the same spots.

Wow, had no idea that I'm not the only one. I really thought it had something to do with my dish alignment since I have an overhang where the dish is currently is stalled. Usually happens on HD stations where I only get about 70% strength on a good day. The cut out was really noticeable when I swapped out my receiver a few months ago. Seems the Onkyo is more sensitive then my Yamaha. Guess DTV is to blame.

I don't get dropouts on very many channels, just a few. If I'm getting a lot I turn off DD and then turn it back on when I change channels. Never get them on any movie channels. Mostly ESPN and Speed. I don't watch network TV much so I don't know about that. There are big threads about this problem all over the internet.

Digital Audio Dropouts

Lately I've been having digital audio drop-outs on these channels:
KPRC-2 HD feed out of Houston through DirectV
Showtime(s)
History channel

The dropouts only last a second or two but seem to have gotten worse, the video is fine during these drop-outs. If I go to the audio menu on my HR22 and change it to non digital it seems to fix it, but then I'm defeating the purpose of having a digital capable audio receiver.... :mad:

My HR22-100 was hooked to my Pioneer audio receiver with a RCA type digital audio cable, I changed it to the optical cable, same problem. I know the audio receiver is ok because with my Blu-ray and other channels the audio works great.

I've called DirecTV and got the "It may be the provider" answer, I haven't talked to technical help yet.

Anyone else having these issues, or have an idea on how to fix?

They prefer us not to promote other sites. I don't know that the rules prevent it, maybe just a courtesy thing. Google might find something for you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts