sounds of the season

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
anyone know if Directv carries sounds of the season or another channel like it? we like to have this channel (available on dish and time warner) on while we pass out candy.

If memory serves (Scott, please correct me if I'm wrong), they started on Thanksgiving Day.

The five they ran were Holly, Holiday Traditions, Nashville Christmas, Classical Christmas, and Special X-Mas (I found the old list!).

They ended up replacing several channels, and one of them was in place of one of the Spanish language channels (Which DirecTV turned on after a bit of harranguing; I just wish they'd turn on the Spanish XM channels all the time instead of tying them to Para Todos).

M (it is incredibly frustrating to type one-handed -- i had surgery on the other one last friday, and am stuck with stitches -- and REAL good drugs -- for the next 2 1/2 weeks)

I assume by the "while we pass out candy" comment, that you're talking about Halloween music, not Christmas.

As I'm sure you're aware, DirecTV switched over to XM music programming a while back (which, in my opinion, is AWESOME!). I'm a big XM fan. While I do not believe XM will dedicate any special channel to Halloween music, many of the regular channels will offer Halloween programming. Check out the weekly schedule here: http://www.xmradio.com/programming/programming_main.jsp.

Cinemagic (822) is playing a Halloween Horror Festival - and will play "The Big Scare" during the trick-of-treating hours.
Fine Tuning (855) will play a "New York Underground Halloween Special" (not sure this will be during the right times)
U-Pop (824) will play "Weird Al Yankovic Happy Al-O-Ween".
The Boneyard (830) will play Alice Cooper's Halloween Takeover.
Squizz (835) will play "Zombie Hell"
XM Kids (868) will play the "XMK Pumpkin Jam!" - which they call a "soundtrack to trick-or-treating" (might be your best bet).
The 60s (803) will play 10pm-mid (Eastern) "Wolfman Jack's Make Believe Graveyard Ball" - which should be appropriate, as well.

Also, Special-X (848) might be doing some special Halloween fun, though not specifically called out on the weekly schedule. I understand that Special-X used to do a big Halloween show, so this is probably worth checking out.

Hope this helps.

I do wish that XM did a better job with their schedules so that planning Halloween music and the like would be easier.

I do wish that XM did a better job with their schedules so that planning Halloween music and the like would be easier.

I 100% agree with this statement, the only reason I asked was I looked all through the channels and even on their website i didnt see anything, oh well good to know for next year/this christmas time!

Special-X (848), or 154 via XM Radio Online - is playing all Halloween stuff already. Currently listening to Boris Karloff - The Vampire Sleeps. Fun stuff, and might be just what you are looking for while you hand out candy.

I bet between Special-X and XM Kids you'll be all set.

For Christmas, mcbeevee found the link, but that link is for the 2005 Christmas holiday season. My guess is that this year will be similar, if not the same, and I thought it was very nicely done last year.

I think it would be cool if satelliteguys did scheduling for both sat companies, whats in HD, and the music channels, make itself its own zap2it, or titantv website :)

Songs of Praise: Christmas
Premieres Friday, 11/24
Celebrate the joy of Christmas in story and song.
Only on DIRECTV channel 103

They sent me this in their monthly email this morning.

Directv XM Christmas channels this year

here is the 2006 XM Christmas Music channel line up start Thanksgiving day.

XM Channel U-POP will change to HOLLY on Channel 824

ENLIGHTEN will not change to HOLIDAY TRADITIONS on Channel 828
Southen Gospal Music

Holiday Traditions- Channel TBA
It will feature traditional holiday recordings from the 40s through the 60s

US COUNTRY will change to A NASHVILLE CHRISTMAS on Channel 809
That will include contemporary and traditional holiday hits from country's biggest superstars

XM POPS will change to A CLASSICAL CHRISTMAS on Channel 866
Includes carols that you know and sung by the greatest classical musicians of all-time

SPECIAL X will change to SPECIAL X-MAS on Channel 848
It will feature the whacked side of the holidays with comedy, parodies and seasonal insanity

from email i recieved from directv when i emailed them ask.

Last edited:

ENLIGHTEN will change to HOLIDAY TRADITIONS on Channel 828

That will include contemporary and traditional holiday hits from country's biggest superstars

Includes carols that you know and sung by the greatest classical musicians of all-time

It will feature the whacked side of the holidays with comedy, parodies and seasonal insanity

thank you very much I Look forward to having more then one christmas channel! this should be really nice, thanks again for going above and beyond!

ENLIGHTEN will change to HOLIDAY TRADITIONS on Channel 828

What about the "Holly" Christmas music channel? It replaced The Heart on channel 819 last year. :confused:

I for one will be much happier with this than last year. I whined lot on here last year about them putting it on the Spanish channel, then I got a call back from D* saying they were turning up the channle for everyone, but I still could not get it because afterward we found out that having the single LNB/round dish you can't get that chnnel anyway! :rolleyes: Now I have the AT9 and the HR20 so I better be able to get it this year so I don't have to listen t my wife bitch about it! :eek:

interesting

from what I remember sounds of the season played "beats" or sort of a techno-esque type of music (maybe only not near holiday times) but i was wondering if any of you guys remember that... i know it wasn't the techno channel i remember it being the sound of the seasons channel.... do they still have a channel like this? most of the artists weren't American either..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)