Spaun SAR 411F???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cspiteri

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
I`m in need of a Spaun SAR411F DiSEQ switch and the WSG 94 weatherproof case. I had purchased these from Suburban Electronics but they no longer carry them.
Can someone recommend a vendor with good prices who stocks these items?

Thanks, the link takes you to Solid Signal. I called to see if they had them in stock. The 411F comes from a distributor and SS didn`t know if the distributor had them in his stock. Solid Signsl doesn`t carry the WSG94 weatherproof case.

alternatives

I'd say $40 seems a bit spendy for a 4x1 diseqc switch.
If it's what you want, go for it.
For others, there may be less expensive options... including the weather resistant cases.
Ya might check out the UltimateSatHobby web site for possible alternatives.

Looking at the loss characteristics and the performance of the cheapies I will take the Spaun or the Emp-Centauri DiSEqC's any day. I paid $49 plus a little shipping for the 411 just because I wanted to test it against the others. I too believe that $40 is a bit steep for a switch, so I would go for the Emp-Centauri which is about half the price. I've threw away as many Chietas as I have that works because of the problem thay seem to have with port 2 either dead or high loss...

Looking at the loss characteristics and the performance of the cheapies I will take the Spaun or the Emp-Centauri DiSEqC's any day. I paid $49 plus a little shipping for the 411 just because I wanted to test it against the others. I too believe that $40 is a bit steep for a switch, so I would go for the Emp-Centauri which is about half the price. I've threw away as many Chietas as I have that works because of the problem thay seem to have with port 2 either dead or high loss...

This is interesting.

Having tried to compare and/or rate DiSEqC switches versus price to evaluate their worth has left me confused. Data for that Spaun SAR411F claims 2db loss.

I see two different models of EMP-Centauri switches where the sellers claim 5db (S. 164 - D) or 8db (P.164-IW) insertion loss on 4x1 switches.

Then, I compare that to the low cost switch I have settled on using. It claims 3db insertion loss.

This must be a case of apples and oranges comparison or bogus data. Does anyone, say TeleSatellite mag do performance comparisons or independent testing?

Having seen how the cheapies are hawked on eBay and what not. I have often wondered if those products are pieces of Chiet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts