Special Nov 25th Retailer Charlie Chat Details

I just scheduled a install of a 61.5 dish 300 today for HD, looks like I won't need it now.

Wonder how long it will take them to move the HD channels over?

John Corn said:
locals on 105 and 121, wont this screw up adding more HD?

How? Migrate all Locals to the side slots (105-121). That would release a crap-load of bandwidth on 110.

If you want Locals, you get a superdish. If you want HD, Dish 500 is your baby.

A customer has a choice for Locals, buy an antenna or get a superdish. Sounds like a good plan.

gpflepsen said:
John Corn said:
locals on 105 and 121, wont this screw up adding more HD?

How? Migrate all Locals to the side slots (105-121). That would release a crap-load of bandwidth on 110.

If you want Locals, you get a superdish. If you want HD, Dish 500 is your baby.

A customer has a choice for Locals, buy an antenna or get a superdish. Sounds like a good plan.

I didn't realize they were moving the HD to 110 when I posted.

Ya know... makes sense:

People who are getting HD receivers are going to be getting digital locals off air, so don't need superdish.

Legacy (standard def) people will want LIL and will get Superdish. Over time, HD increases, SD decreases, need for SuperDish wanes, approach to digital cut-over day when SD locals can be DUMPED off the stream. New sats and technology allows digital locals, hopefully still with one small dish by then.

So Superdish fills just the LIL gap until that day but demand tapers off as HD increases.

Lee

No timeframe given, the HD Demo Channel and possibly CBS may not move from the wings.

Phone lines should be installed but not requiring it, if you have a 322 or 522 and elect a 322 or 522 you will get a message telling them to hook up their phone line, if the customer does not hook up the phone line they will pay an additional reciever fee.

If a customer does not want the phone line up a code will go on the account and will eliminate error message. Dish will disable the second outlet on the 522 or 322 if the customer does not call them and tell them they dont want to hook up a phone line to the 522/322

So does this mean they will have more or less bandwidth to add new HD channels now that all HD will be on 110? Liked the 'concept' of 50 HDTV/EDTV channels with 105, . . . I know it was likely a pipe dream, but still sounded good. More HD!!!!

John Corn said:
I just scheduled a install of a 61.5 dish 300 today for HD, looks like I won't need it now.

Wonder how long it will take them to move the HD channels over?

Maybe I better get the Dish 300 at 61.5, it could take sometime before they migrate these HD channels over.

... of course as HD channels increase they need to carve more bandwidth out of 110 which I guess means gradually moving existing locals over to SuperDish, which means retrofitting a LOT of 500s to SuperDish. But still fewer than the original plan which would have pretty much required SuperDish for EVERYONE eventually (as HD picks up).

Lee

What kind of HD tv is it that we get with the 921 for $1499 ?

Do we have to wait untill dec 8th to call and order ?

Free SuperDish for HD?

Since all the HD is being moved off of SuperDish, will they be pulling the offer of Free SuperDish with a one year commitment to the HD package for those of us already getting locals from 110 and 61.5?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)