Special Nov 25th Retailer Charlie Chat Details

Summary: Obviously all in Scott's words, just thought i'd make it easier for new ppl to catch up.

Locals

Targeted launches in DECEMBER on DISH 500
Hartford / New Haven
Grand Junction
Sherman
Bakersfield, Ca

Next up on 105
Chatanooga TN
Dayton OH
Fort Smith, Ark

pringfield Mo locals missing NBC and FOX, Springfield is being moved from 105 to Dish 500 so NO SUPERDISH is needed for 105. The locals will be moved from 105 to Dish 500 tommorow.

121 Satellie will now do locals and it reaches all 48 states. Both work with SuperDISH.

Lansing MI will be on 121.

As a result of testing some cities will be moving from 105 to 121. Albany, NY Mozulla Montana and two more cities will be moving to 121. Channels will be simulcast for awhile.

Flint MI is coming 121
Millwalke, WI missing CBS coming to 121
Lansing MI is coming to 121 missing NBC
Also targeted for December is Greenbay and trevor city.

Deluth MI will be Dish 500 in January

101 Cities by the end of the year.

322/522

322 / 522 is in short supply, demand is great. They are working to increase the quantities.

Phone lines should be installed but not requiring it, if you have a 322 or 522 and elect a 322 or 522 you will get a message telling them to hook up their phone line, if the customer does not hook up the phone line they will pay an additional reciever fee.

If a customer does not want the phone line up a code will go on the account and will eliminate error message. Dish will disable the second outlet on the 522 or 322 if the customer does not call them and tell them they dont want to hook up a phone line to the 522/322

HD Programming

All NEW HD CHANNELS WILL BE ON 110!!! DOES NOT NEED A SUPERDISH!

Charlie is telling people to install a Dish for 61.5 for HBO and showtime but he hopes to have those channels moved to 110 in the near future.

The HD Demo Channel will stay at 61.5. CBS, HBO, Showtime and Events will probably move to 110.

HD receivers and TV

The 811 WILL be shipping December 1st, it IS at Distributers! Software will be up on the Satellite for the 811 Monday MSRP $399

811 will be available on Monday.

Free Dish customers can get a HDTV for $999 with an 811 Starting Soon!

The 921 will start shipping on the first! Limited quantities on December 8th. VERY LIMITED QUANTITIES!

FREE DISH gets a 921 with HDTV for $1499

Freeing up space on 110 seems easy to me....remove all of the SKLD and Placeholder channels off of there.(9901 - 9917) Pull the commercial sports off and force commercial to go superdish, etc. Maybe drop an NHL or NBA or 2. Put the Latin HBO and PPV on the internationals sat, etc.

Really lots they could do.

Wow now I am impressed with Dish!!! They are going to fix up the mess they have with LIL everywhere!

So, sounds like:

International on wings
HD on 110 (bet they ramp up to 3 channels/transponder)
Locals on 119/110/105/121

SuperDish will only be needed for the markets on 105/121 which are mostly smaller markets. Dish will save big $$.

Someone just called and asked a great question.

What is going to happen to the 50 channels of HD that you said was going to come with the SuperDISH? And is this a band aid until you figure out whats going on?

Charlie says the future is unknown, he really has no answer and advises them to install Dishes for 61.5 or 148 so you can future proof things.

Folks I think the SuperDISH is DEAD except if you need locals. (Thats my opinion not Charlies)

total newbie here (ticket in hand for new sub install). I disagree for someone in my situation - wouldn't it make sense to future-proof myself and get SuperDish?

Thanks for the update guys. Feels like Xmas in Nov with all this great news.

I wonder how many 921's they will have to sell on dec 8.

Any pics of the tv's out there ?

hancox said:
total newbie here (ticket in hand for new sub install). I disagree for someone in my situation - wouldn't it make sense to future-proof myself and get SuperDish?

Seems like the 105/121 sats will be used strictly for locals. If your locals are already available on another satellite, then no. You'll be all set with the D500 and maybe a wing sat.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Charlie says the future is unknown, he really has no answer and advises them to install Dishes for 61.5 or 148 so you can future proof things.

So, 61.5 and 148 could still play a bid deal in the HD scene?

Will Dish install free wing sat to get HBO and Show HD or will they tell me to wait like they have done since august ?

Boy, this is all getting very confusing. Good that HD will migrate to 110 but how much will this move limit expansion? I'd really like to see Starz-HD up ASAP but I'd guess they don't have the bandwidth to do it at this time.

I emailed in a question and they answered it.

I asked when people who have been upgraded to a SuperDISH will be able to see HBO and Showtime since they cant see it now.

Charlies answer was to use a SW+44 to hook up the fourth satellite location.

Jim tells him that can not be done because the switch is not available yet.

Charlie says, that this is a problem and he will have a solution soon. :)

I thank Jim and Charlie for taking my question.

Wow. I am just stunned right now. This news is unreal. Personally, I was really hoping for a SuperDish so I could pull my two dishes off my roof. I just dropped the darn pole in my back yard for the Superdish too!

What also sucks is I have all of this Legacy equipment (LNB's and my 64 switch) and once I add the 921, will be fresh out of outputs. Oh well.

As long as E* doesn't pull a D* and start compressing the HD channels I will be happy.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Someone just called and asked a great question.

What is going to happen to the 50 channels of HD that you said was going to come with the SuperDISH? And is this a band aid until you figure out whats going on?

Folks I think the SuperDISH is DEAD except if you need locals. (Thats my opinion not Charlies)

WOW! What a last minute change in direction!

Does this mean the FSS sat won't be used for HD? FSS was supposed to give E* lots of HD.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I emailed in a question and they answered it.

I asked when people who have been upgraded to a SuperDISH will be able to see HBO and Showtime since they cant see it now.

Charlies answer was to use a SW+44 to hook up the fourth satellite location.

Jim tells him that can not be done because the switch is not available yet.

Charlie says, that this is a problem and he will have a solution soon. :)

I thank Jim and Charlie for taking my question.

Answer: move them to 110 PRONTO!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts