Special Nov 25th Retailer Charlie Chat Details

Scott -

You mentioned that "Free Dish" customers can get a 921 with HDTV for $1499.

What is the "Free Dish" program? For new subs only? Commitments? Any news on the 921 + HDTV for existing subs?

Thanks,
Peter

Update

If scheduled for a Superdish install to get locals, I assume all is still a go then?

I am scehduled for next week and have been waiting a long time for locals (Baltimore)!

Jay

Well the chat has now concluded. :)

And I must say OH MY GOD that was one of the BEST CHAT'S I CAN REMEMBER IN A LONG TIME!

At last the SuperDISH nightmares are gone.

Of course questions pop up like will 110 have enough bandwidth for new HD Channels? But I am sure they have a plan.

What a surprise!

And FINALLY Hartford locals YIPPIE!

Excuse me while I do the happy dance!

Scott Greczkowski said:
Well the chat has now concluded. :)

Of course questions pop up like will 110 have enough bandwidth for new HD Channels? But I am sure they have a plan.

ROTFL! Thats what we said when SuperDish was announced! (121? 105? which? where? what? they have a plan)

Scott -

When you're done doing the happy dance,

What can you tells us about the $1499 921 with HDTV for "Free Dish" customers.

What is the "Free Dish" program? For new subs only? Commitments? Any news on the 921 + HDTV for existing subs?

Thanks,
Peter

Scott -
In CT? Noticing quite the CT contingent here... :)

One scary thing about this is the impact of WFSB (Hartford CBS, for those not in the area) on WCBS-DT waivers. I'm under the impression Fairfield County is exempt, as we're technically in the NYC DMA. Others, though, may be SOL with their waivers. Any insite?

Scott Greczkowski said:

Dish have a plan, OK is it April fools day again??? ;)

It does sound like it was a very interesting chat, too bad we have to wait until 12/8 for the customer chat, maybe by then they'll have a clearer picture of all the issues/questions about the future of HD on the new satellite configuration.

Scott- Did you read my crystal ball prediction?
Everything you just reported, I stated in my own (NO INSIDER) prediction of what was to come. Everything including the 110 announcement on HD, the 921 release dates etc. I suppose an annoucement about the Dishwire release will just have to wait for January as that has to do with CES announcements.

Hey, I trust these guys are intelligent and what I posted was just a logical solution to the mess they created for themselves. It seems to be a win win for Dish and us HDTV-921 enthusiasts.
My next agenda... install two new cables for the 921 and one extra needed for the TIVO while I'm at it.

Smiles everywhere... Happy Thanksgiving folks.

A plan?? Sounds like someone woke up yesterday morning and said, "Why don't we try this and we'll worry about what this breaks later." Not that I don't like the change, it's great for the short-term (6-12 months). Let's just hope they take this time to intelligently figure out the next step.

The only problem is this change makes me think a little more about me switching to D*. Not having to get SD for HD is a big plus for E*. But, there's still receiver issue.. Oh well. I'll stay in a holding pattern.

BTW, thanks for all the info on the chat!

Hey, Don -

I can't get to CES this year, so won't see you there, but we're counting on you to go beat them up for the DishWire & SW 44+ ;)

Peter

I'm almost the luckiest of all. Springfield Mo. moving to 110 tomorrow.All HD on 110, now no SD dish needed.I already have 61.5 setup so now I don't need to do anything. Mike

I live in the Baltimore area and I am eligible for Locals. I will be a new costumer; therefore, this means I have to get the SuperDish in order to get my locals?
Also, Will CBS-HD be available (WJZ 13) on SuperDish? Or will I just be able to watch the regular CBS programming?
Thanks for the updates about the SD!

Hey Scott,

anyword on when the HD channels will be moved to the 110?

Im hoping before the 811 release

I was hoping there was gonna be word on new HD channels too. But I'm happy to hear that HD will be on 110, cause I'm in San Francisco bay area and SD wasn't gonna work for me. Guess I can put the 921 back on my Xmas list. Thanks for the info Scott.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)