Special Nov 25th Retailer Charlie Chat Details

If Dish ended up buying VOOM at 61.5 they could just mirror 61.5 at 148. After all Dish has ALL the transponders at 148, with VOOM they would still be missing the 2 SA transponders at 61.5.

Mike that is an interesting thought. :)

Hmm Dish buys VOOM and offers its HD services from 61.5 and 148. That would work good actually. :D

OK I second that, Scott please make the nessisary changes and alert Dish of our decision :D

We know 61.5 is possible for the entire west coast. How far does 148
extend to the east coast?

Also Charlie isn't thinking. He has three transponders @ 157.
He's been too busy and totally spaced putting 157 into the software.

what about the 105 sat? I heard it was NOT vissible from CA or most of the west coast but I did hear that from my local Installer and I think I know more then he does (which doesnt say much for him)

Doing the math there is plenty of room at 110 for about 20 HDTV channels.

All they have to do is move all there Junk Channels off of 110 and 119 and move them to the 105 or 121.

The junk channels are the ones we cant see like The Dish Retailer and Show Room Channels and all the EchoStar Uplink and call center monitoring channels.

Also they can move all the Dish Business channels off and some of the demo channles like 102 103 (we only need one).

It may take a half a year or so to clean up , but there is plenty of room at 119 and 110. Once the clean up is done some 110 channel can move to 119 thus freeing up room at 110.

THey can add

Starz-HD,
TMC-HD,
Cinamax-HD,
Bravo-HD
and possibly IN-HD and IN-HD2
Sci Fi ED
USA ED
CBS HD ect

What do you think. is this there plan?

Starz-HD,
TMC-HD,
Cinamax-HD,
Bravo-HD
and possibly IN-HD and IN-HD2
Sci Fi ED
USA ED
CBS HD ect

What do you think. is this there plan?

Works for me :)

Sparkman said:
That might come in handy when you try to get WBBM-DT (channel 3) since that one station has caused more grief then I care to mention with folks trying to get them due to their channel 3 assignment by the FCC.

Rad,

Can you get it with a 6000? I'm up here on the north side of Waukegan & I do get it most of the time, sometimes with a stronger signal than I get with my Toshiba 151 OTA.

I just had an outside antenna installed (the attic mount wasn't cutting it) and I still have wild signal reading fluctuations. I'm waiting for the weather to get better and have the installer come back out and try to do a bit of reaiming to see if that will help.

We know 61.5 is possible for the entire west coast. How far does 148 extend to the east coast?
148 isn't doable on the East Coast... elevation is 4° here in the Northeast (NJ). That's too low... we actually have trees out this way :)

Bandwidth is being wasting doubling up internationals on 61.5 & 148.
Since 61.5 hits both coast's, this leaves plenty of options.
Scott, being on the east how far does 148 go?

I think charlie & jim have been too busy. Soon as Scott gets his own site
up, they started listening to this sites ideas, after all the mistake that
have been made. This is the best organized they been in some time.

With D* waiting for their 119 spotbeam. Its wide open for charlie
to put up every local as fast as posssible and If he listens to us put
all availble HD on now. .(the 6 new HD) They only have a small window edge. Grab the new subs now. You won't have a chance after D*'s in
position to add channels.

Its up you Charlie if want the action. Jim are you interested?

I think the 61.5 sat is possible in some parts of CA but once u get half way up the elevation becomes an issue, sounds like the same problem the east coast people in the north have with the 148

Why don't you guys get into the VOOM Van Wagon until 3/31/04 and get 39 HD channels. Forget Charlie he is just interested in the SD crowd not the HD nuts! :)

Anonymous said:
Don Landis said:
peter- Sorry you won't be making it this year. Haven't heard from the Doc lately but Id bet he'll call me on the cell phone the day I arrive in LV. :D

Yeah, I haven't talked with him in ages, but I know when not to take a sucker bet. :)

Hi Boys,
Nice to hear I won't be needing a sixth dish for the roof farm after all.

When do we start hearing about a nice 921 trade in deal for us 5000/HD Mod holdouts?

Todd

Anonymous said:
Don Landis said:
peter- Sorry you won't be making it this year. Haven't heard from the Doc lately but Id bet he'll call me on the cell phone the day I arrive in LV. :D
:)

Yeah, I haven't talked with him in ages, but I know when not to take a sucker bet. :)

Hi Boys :) ,
Nice to hear I won't be needing a sixth dish for the roof farm after all.

When do we start hearing about a nice 921 trade in deal for us 5000/HD Mod holdouts?

Todd

It will not take half a year or more to rearrange the channels on 110 and 119, probably not even a month or a week, especially considering whats at stake, for them to get a competitive edge against DirecTv before they launch the locals, just as me and a guest mentioned earlier in this thread. They would probably put a lot of the channels that they are going to move to 61.5/148 instead of 105/121 because it would be stupid to require people to have to put up a SuperDish to get those extra channels instead of an 18" dish that is a lot cheaper, smaller, easier to install, and the fact that there is probably a bit of space at the wing slots for those channels. Dish should have decided to do this a few months ago when they first found out about DirecTv's satellite delay.

They are still only planning around 100 cities by the end of the year, just fighting the issue with some states not being able to get the locals. Once they launch the new satellite next year then it should not be an issue to get the SuperDish to receive a signal in those areas that cannot receive a signal right now.

Hey Todd-

Not this year anyway. Then we all will be moving to SD, I'd bet, sometime next year in December.

I'd bet that HDTV mod of yours will become obsolete a lot faster with the announcement of the 61.5 HD channels going 8PSK on 110 now.

You going to CES? I'll be at the usual place. All reservations made and paid for. :) (Needed the tax write-offs this year.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)