Special Retailer Chat Recap - July 20, 2009

im guessing the single dish option is for 119 and 110 (Y Bracket) since people are doing it already... for the 61.5 we need a 6' Dish which cost around $600 which is why this new package nobody was paying $600 to view hd channels

I did... and a lot of people I activated also. :)

Well in my case I have two six footers, both of them bought on 1998 and 2000 respectively. Back them the cost was around $350 compared to $550 now, why? back then the dealers bought a large amount of units, now they hardly sell them.

I'm pretty disapointed with the channel lineup, 3 kids channels. Two of them fron Disney, my daughter watches Hanna Montana in her room with a PVR-508. Mtv-Hd instead of Palladia. C-NBC, damn that channel is basically politics and from the US. The Weather Channel HD, I know a lot of people that a freaks of this channel but why not MGM, or Smithsonian. NFL Network HD, for those great Thrusday Night games.

Anyway it is a great start, finally decent HD programming in PR at a fair price. We've been charged $9.99 for years for a couple of channels. This one dish solution witn an antenna provided by Dish will level the playing field in the island. Now let the great service be the most important factor, not that a " dealer" can give for free almost $150 woth of equipment and dealers like me refuse to do. The chargebacks kick pretty hard at them when they happen.

im guessing the single dish option is for 119 and 110 (Y Bracket) since people are doing it already... for the 61.5 we need a 6' Dish which cost around $600 which is why this new package nobody was paying $600 to view hd channels

If you read scott report one of the tables explains that it is only one dish for now for 110 a special package.

I did... and a lot of people I activated also. :)

Well in my case I have two six footers, both of them bought on 1998 and 2000 respectively. Back them the cost was around $350 compared to $550 now, why? back then the dealers bought a large amount of units, now they hardly sell them.

I'm pretty disapointed with the channel lineup, 3 kids channels. Two of them fron Disney, my daughter watches Hanna Montana in her room with a PVR-508. Mtv-Hd instead of Palladia. C-NBC, damn that channel is basically politics and from the US. The Weather Channel HD, I know a lot of people that a freaks of this channel but why not MGM, or Smithsonian. NFL Network HD, for those great Thrusday Night games.

Anyway it is a great start, finally decent HD programming in PR at a fair price. We've been charged $9.99 for years for a couple of channels. This one dish solution witn an antenna provided by Dish will level the playing field in the island. Now let the great service be the most important factor, not that a " dealer" can give for free almost $150 woth of equipment and dealers like me refuse to do. The chargebacks kick pretty hard at them when they happen.

They should have added NFL Network and CBS College HD!

The new dish is a 30 inch Dish

First Table in English:
1-30" dish included
2-lnbf simple or double depends on how many receivers on account
3-Y bracket
4-Only for sat 110
5-Vip 211, 211k, 222, 222k

Second table:
Mpeg2 MPEG4
1-local channels 1-Software for 211/k,222/k
2-dish latino clasico 2-new local channel la cadena del milagro rel.
3-ppv 3-6 channel in spanish from dish latino clasico
4-4 hd premium channels
5-PR HD pack

no fox news,no msnbc,no travel channel,no wgn,no hbo2,no hbosg,no hbo w,no hbo2 w,no hbo fm,no hbo cy,no hbozn,no hbo latino,no max w,no actmax,no 5 max,no showto,no shocd,no tmc,no encore,no sedge,no stzc,no sk&&fm,no mavtv,no unihd,no pldia,no betj,no ftv,no mgm,no ci,no wfn,no tenis,no golf,no nbatv,no nhl,no life,no lmn,no food,no bio,no bet,no bravo,no tbs,no espnnews,no speed,no vs,no cbs college,no nfl,no vh1,no cmt,no nick,no abcfm,no tlc,no apl,no ntgeo,no hmc,no discovery sci,no green,

i think i will keep my "us address"

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about that guys... My boss came in and asked me to attend a meeting with him. I didn't get out of this unexpected meeting until just a few ago.

Now headed for home for dinner (I am late) and then hopefully I can sit down and watch the rest of the chat.

I will also have someone watch it who understands spanish better then I do so you get a better explination of whats going on.

This is an exciting time for our PR friends!

Sorry about that guys... My boss came in and asked me to attend a meeting with him. I didn't get out of this unexpected meeting until just a few ago.

Now headed for home for dinner (I am late) and then hopefully I can sit down and watch the rest of the chat.

I will also have someone watch it who understands spanish better then I do so you get a better explination of whats going on.

Thanks Scott....we will be waiting for the update.

We appreciate everything you are doing. :up
It seems that some of the graphics from Dish are not translated properly to Spanish. Haven't got time to follow this today, and now I am going out for a little while. Be back soon, but I cannot understand why on earth we are not going to receive WGN along with the others HDs that are migrating to 110. It just does not make any sense....

We appreciate everything you are doing. :up
It seems that some of the graphics from Dish are not translated properly to Spanish. Haven't got time to follow this today, and now I am going out for a little while. Be back soon, but I cannot understand why on earth we are not going to receive WGN along with the others HDs that are migrating to 110. It just does not make any sense....

This goes back to a question that I had earlier in this thread: does anyone know if the HD channels being moved from 129 to 110 will be made available to the PR/VI subscribers also? There's no logical reason why they would not be, yet they haven't been explicitly mentioned for the PR HD Pack.:confused:

The reason?... Pure profits!!!

I think TEchnoguy can answer that question

is there a reason as to why Dish doesnt implement Dish Pro LNB and switches in Puerto Rico?

i have used them and the work just fine...

Its a matter of profits for the local Dish Retailer.

Legacy hardware costs:
Lnb dual = $15
Dish sw21 = $15
3x4 switch = $15

DishPro hardware costs:
DP Dual Lnb = $30
DP21 switch = $30
DP34 switch = $60

As you can see, Dish Pro hardware is twice more expensive than legacy.

Remember , since the local Puerto Rico Retailer don't charge you a penny for the installation, the cost comes directly from his sales commission. Not to mention he already gave you $160 in two 4' metal antennas for FREE!!!

Let hope Dish stablish a fair retailer reimburstment system for the sales and distribution of the soon to be used 30" antenna. Then you'll probably see Dish Pro hardware in new customer installations.

At least that's what I'm planning to do.

DB_PR

Its a matter of profits for the local Dish Retailer.

Legacy hardware costs:
Lnb dual = $15
Dish sw21 = $15
3x4 switch = $15

DishPro hardware costs:
DP Dual Lnb = $30
DP21 switch = $30
DP34 switch = $60

As you can see, Dish Pro hardware is twice more expensive than legacy.

Remember , since the local Puerto Rico Retailer don't charge you a penny for the installation, the cost comes directly from his sales commission. Not to mention he already gave you $160 in two 4' metal antennas for FREE!!!

Let hope Dish stablish a fair retailer reimburstment system for the sales and distribution of the soon to be used 30" antenna. Then you'll probably see Dish Pro hardware in new customer installations.

At least that's what I'm planning to do.

DB_PR

certainly make business sense... thanks for the explanation!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)