Special Retailer Chat Recap - July 20, 2009

The upgrade for old customers that rajmarie was asking about!

I mean, this is what I understood: If you subscribe to the HD pak, you get it for free till 2010. That would be wonderful, but somehow I don't think they will do that (I hope they do ;), please confirm).

subscribe to the HD pack will receive the HD pack free until may 2010

Never mind, just saw your new post That's GREAT news. Do I need to subscribe now or can I wait till August?

can someone post the new package vs the AT 200 , AT250

The channels will be MPEG4 Sd pedro:
7/15/2009 2:34pm - Uplink Activity Report - 195 changes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 7/15/2009 2:34pm - 195 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 07/15/2009 01:10P - 07/15/2009 02:34P

Channel Additions:
106 - TVLND [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 49 (NA)
114 - E! [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 49 (NA)
128 - WE [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 49 (NA)
130 - AMC [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 49 (NA)
135 - BBCA [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 49 (NA)
142 - ESNWS [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 49 (NA)
150 - SPEED [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 49 (NA)
161 - MTV2 [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 49 (NA)
162 - VH1 [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 49 (NA)
180 - ABCFM [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 49 (NA)
202 - HNN [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 49 (NA)
205 - FXNWS [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 49 (NA)
215 - TRV [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 49 (NA)
239 - WGN [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 49 (NA)
404 - HRTV [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 49 (NA)
405 - TVGAM [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 49 (NA)
842 - UTLSM [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 49 (NA)
846 - V-ME [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 49 (NA)
849 - DKLA [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 49 (NA)
851 - NGLA [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 49 (NA)
852 - APLLA [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 49 (NA)
860 - AMRCA [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 49 (NA)

7797 - WCCV [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 49 (NA)(Arecibo, PR-N/A)
And dish latino channels that are on 110

First I want to Thanks Scott!

Report from the Chat:

Scott reported alot of topics but they were a few that I writted down!

1-New package of 33 HD

2-Coming soon 6 HD is spanish "Dish Latino Package Clasico"
Discovery HD in spanish, Discovery Kids Hd, AmercaTV new hd channel,Animal Planet in Hd, Vme Hd, National Geographic in spanish HD

3-Special Package for satelitte 110 name is Dish500PR.in transition for next year with new sat for 119. Only vip REC. Because the package is from 110 only the vip will rec. software upgrades.

Pakages for 110:
Dish Latino Classic
Dish Latino 2
Local Channels
Hd Channels
Classic Bronze 100
No Shopping channels

The 30" Dish comes with the Puertorican Flag!

HD will start on august 1 but officiall launch will be on August 7!

HD Channels will be next to the sd channels!

Rajmarie this one is for you:

Offer for existing customers and new customers that subscribe to the HD pack will receive the HD pack free until may 2010 no monthly fee of 9.99!

Old customers can upgrade to a MPEG4
with a new 2 year commitment 211vip $49.99
or 612 $199 or 622vip
722 not included

They will be the leader in the Island in HDTV they compare with DTV, Onelink, Choice and Liberty and say that they are DN exclusive hd channels for PR:
Cartoon NetworkHD, CNBC,CNN,Comedy Central,Disnxd,Food,FX,Hgtv,Lifetime,MTV,Nick,Spike,TBS,TWC

New Local Channel MPEG4 sd Cadena del milagro Yiye Avila

More HD in Spanish to come!

I am very excited man for all of this that coming after all these years!
And they are going to have a really big advertising that does has not had in PR!

I hope this answers all of our questions and I want to thank scott again!

Nel...u made my day...Thank u very much for briefing us.

So finally some great news for existing SD customers for upgrade to HD. Can u clarify..if the upgrade prices as u mention as follows...

VIP211 is 49.99....or VIP612 or VIP622 is 199.

Plus No HD pack billed till May 2009. That is indeed quite fantastic.

Now when is this offer available & if I can just upgrade my 311 to one of the VIPs (I want to keep my 625 since I dont have any HD need on that one for the moment). Plus I m still some months left in contract so will I qualify?

Nel...also I think u make a mistake. The spanish MPEG 4 channels uploaded on our spots r not HD....but SD.

& with No shopping channels...all the new subs of Dish Latino will be very happy ;) atleast the husbands :D

Offers Available August 1, 2009

First question you will qualify!
Second question No because they were saying that alot of Spanish HD will be coming did not announce date but mention those 6 first from the Dish Latino Classic HD package in the 110 slot! I think they will be on a TP on 110 not a spotbeam

Curios when the PR local channels came up years ago was on August to!

For me I prefer NFL!

HD pack channel lineup for PR

The new HD pack for PR include the following HD channels (premiums in red)(thanks to Digi uplink report)

4900 - APL [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 23 Spotbeam 48/49 (NA)
4901 - DISC [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 20 Spotbeam 48/49 (NA)
4902 - HIST [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 23 Spotbeam 48/49 (NA)
4903 - TOON [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 18 Spotbeam 48/49 (NA)
4904 - CMDY [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 18 Spotbeam 48/49 (NA)
4905 - DISE [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 18 Spotbeam 48/49 (NA)
4906 - DISXD [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 23 Spotbeam 48/49 (NA)
4907 - NICK [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 18 Spotbeam 48/49 (NA)
4908 - TNT [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 07 ConUS beam (NA)
4909 - USA [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 07 ConUS beam (NA)
4910 - A&E [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 20 Spotbeam 48/49 (NA)
4911 - SYFY [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 07 ConUS beam (NA)
4912 - BRAVO [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 23 Spotbeam 48/49 (NA)
4913 - FOOD [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 20 Spotbeam 48/49 (NA)
4914 - FX [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 18 Spotbeam 48/49 (NA)
4915 - HGTV [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 20 Spotbeam 48/49 (NA)
4916 - LIFE [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 20 Spotbeam 48/49 (NA)
4917 - SPIKE [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 18 Spotbeam 48/49 (NA)
4918 - TBS [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 18 Spotbeam 48/49 (NA)
4919 - HDTHR [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 13 ConUS beam (NA)
4920 - HDNET [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 07 ConUS beam (NA)
4921 - HBO-E [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 13 ConUS beam (NA)
4922 - SHO-E [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 13 ConUS beam (NA)
4923 - MAX-E [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 23 Spotbeam 48/49 (NA)
4924 - STARZ [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 23 Spotbeam 48/49 (NA)
4925 - HDNMV [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 07 ConUS beam (NA)
4926 - MTV [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 20 Spotbeam 48/49 (NA)
4927 - CNBC [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 23 Spotbeam 48/49 (NA)
4928 - CNN [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 18 Spotbeam 48/49 (NA)
4929 - TWC [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 20 Spotbeam 48/49 (NA)
4930 - ESPN [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 07 ConUS beam (NA)
4931 - ESPN2 [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 23 Spotbeam 48/49 (NA)
4932 - TLC [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 20 Spotbeam 48/49 (NA)

I mean, this is what I understood: If you subscribe to the HD pak, you get it for free till 2010. That would be wonderful, but somehow I don't think they will do that (I hope they do ;), please confirm).

Never mind, just saw your new post That's GREAT news. Do I need to subscribe now or can I wait till August?

it's up to you! Ljdonato!:) It's raining hard really really hard in Bayamon

Last edited:
i pay the $10.00 PR HD Pack that means i'll get it free till 2010 or is it for new subs? i already have the vip211 since i subscribed recently.

Changing Address but keeping PR Locals to get HD Gold Pkg

Hi Everyone.

Thanks!!!! for all the info. All this information is of great help and very interesting. This is my first post in the forum and would like to ask posibly beginners questions. So here I go. What will happen with PR local channels if you "move" your address to for example Orlando FL. Will they still show up in the 7781-7789 range even if they don't show up in the 002-030 range? I am planing on activating the HD Gold pakage with a Florida address but will like to keep the PR locals even if they are in the 7781-7789 range. I don't mind lossing the ABC,CBS,CW,FOX locals since I have Distant Networks HD package that gives me does channels from Chicago and LA, but will like to keep channels 2,4,6,11. I know I will not see the FL locals since I will not be under that spotbeam but I will still be under the spotbeam of PR. I have a 6 footer pointed at 61.5 wish gives me all the Premium HD channels because I have The All America Everything pkg. Still I am unable to get the other channels that I know are there with good signal strenght but are disable by Dish. I know the long story of Dish disabling the Gold pkg for PR because of the bad installs but this policy is not just for the rest of us with good signal strenght to recive does extra channels. Now don't get me wrong I am exited because all of the resent news for PR, at last they pay attention to us, but still I was hoping to get NETGEO,Scince CH,Universal,MGM and NFL Network. I know I have the equipment to recive these extra channels but we all know the story. So has anybody had any experiense channging their address and keeping locals? Also, I know that Dish has a Snowbird Account that lets you change the address back and forth between to adresses as you move with your recivers between two houses; for example Fl and NY. This is to attend the moving population of reteired people that move north to South through out the year. Can one use these snowbird accounts to move for example only one reciver, a 722K, to FL and leave the others in the PR location, without disabling locals on the ones you suposedly leave behind for a few months of the year? I ask, because if they disable locals on the one you move and the others left behind keep the PR Locals that will also be acceptable. Won't mind having all the Gold HD channels on the 722K and no locals and the rest of the recivers in the house with the PR locals. Will this work?

Any ideas or sugestions will be greatly apresiated.

Thanks Again!!!!!

i pay the $10.00 PR HD Pack that means i'll get it free till 2010 or is it for new subs? i already have the vip211 since i subscribed recently.

Here is what I reported:

Offer for existing customers and new customers that subscribe to the HD pack will receive the HD pack free until may 2010 no monthly fee of 9.99!

Hi Everyone.

Thanks!!!! for all the info. All this information is of great help and very interesting. This is my first post in the forum and would like to ask posibly beginners questions. So here I go. What will happen with PR local channels if you "move" your address to for example Orlando FL. Will they still show up in the 7781-7789 range even if they don't show up in the 002-030 range? I am planing on activating the HD Gold pakage with a Florida address but will like to keep the PR locals even if they are in the 7781-7789 range. I don't mind lossing the ABC,CBS,CW,FOX locals since I have Distant Networks HD package that gives me does channels from Chicago and LA, but will like to keep channels 2,4,6,11. I know I will not see the FL locals since I will not be under that spotbeam but I will still be under the spotbeam of PR. I have a 6 footer pointed at 61.5 wish gives me all the Premium HD channels because I have The All America Everything pkg. Still I am unable to get the other channels that I know are there with good signal strenght but are disable by Dish. I know the long story of Dish disabling the Gold pkg for PR because of the bad installs but this policy is not just for the rest of us with good signal strenght to recive does extra channels. Now don't get me wrong I am exited because all of the resent news for PR, at last they pay attention to us, but still I was hoping to get NETGEO,Scince CH,Universal,MGM and NFL Network. I know I have the equipment to recive these extra channels but we all know the story. So has anybody had any experiense channging their address and keeping locals? Also, I know that Dish has a Snowbird Account that lets you change the address back and forth between to adresses as you move with your recivers between two houses; for example Fl and NY. This is to attend the moving population of reteired people that move north to South through out the year. Can one use these snowbird accounts to move for example only one reciver, a 722K, to FL and leave the others in the PR location, without disabling locals on the ones you suposedly leave behind for a few months of the year? I ask, because if they disable locals on the one you move and the others left behind keep the PR Locals that will also be acceptable. Won't mind having all the Gold HD channels on the 722K and no locals and the rest of the recivers in the house with the PR locals. Will this work?

Any ideas or sugestions will be greatly apresiated.

Thanks Again!!!!!

Welcome to the forum first! Second you will loose you locals the PR local channels there are on spotbeam so the coverage is only for PR! After you change the address they willl activate the local florida channels in their system! A friend of mine did it he is getting his local with his vip hd rec off air!

Moving Account to FL to get HD Gold pkg

I understand Neljtorres, so they would not even show on the 7781-89 range, correct? And what about the snowbird account? If I go ahead and establish this type of account; what will happen if I use that option and move only one reciver, the 722k to FL, so that that reciver recives the HD Gold pkg. and the other two I have stay suposedly in my first address in PR.. Will they also shutdown the local PR channels for those recivers left behind in the adress of orgin, PR?

Thanks for the rapid responce. And happy to be a new member of this forum.

Welcome to the forum first! Second you will loose you locals the PR local channels there are on spotbeam so the coverage is only for PR! After you change the address they willl activate the local florida channels in their system! A friend of mine did it he is getting his local with his vip hd rec off air!

Welcome, rdavidowski! What neljtorres says is your alternative. Add an off-air antenna to see your locals in the receivers that are capable of doing that. Just remember that some of the locals don't show correct guide info, and if you move, I don't know if they will show any info at all.
I know what you are going thru, I, too, miss NatGeo, NFL, Science, WGN and others. I just hope Dish will add them soon. They did say that more will be added...

Apart of knowing that it can be done, I don't know much else about the snowbird thing, sorry.

Good luck with your decision.

At least some excellent news.

A 211k for $49 great deal.

A 612 for $199 not so great, you could buy the receiver for a little more without the 24month commitment. Oh well maybe it isnt so bad a deal if the give you all those months of HD free. Thanks for the info nel.

I will have to wait for the HD. Tomorrow I will have a new addition to my family....so will be busy for some time.

But I have a couple of question that maybe Scott/Tom/Nel can answer.

As I have mentioned...that I m still under contract. I sub to dish last year abt Apr...& the contract was for 2 yrs with the offer being 3 credits by Dish to me in the 1st, 10th & 20th month. So if I upgrade to HD which will put me under new 2 yr contract....will I get my 20th month credit from the exisitng contract? Will I get the new offer price also for being in new 2 yr contract?

Also if I upgrade....will the existing contract with dish be anyway violated causing me any penalty & the dealar that installed the system any penalty resulting him calling me. I simply want to avoid any such issue.....Tom...maybe u can be helpfull here..since u r in this line.

My eyes r on VIP 211 deal....which is perfect & replace the 311. IMO...if & when I do this deal...the existing 311 will be removed & the cable pluged in VIP211 & its up & running or will it require any other installation like new cable/switch etc.

Thanks in advance

I will have to wait for the HD. Tomorrow I will have a new addition to my family....so will be busy for some time.

As I have mentioned...that I m still under contract. I sub to dish last year abt Apr...& the contract was for 2 yrs with the offer being 3 credits by Dish to me in the 1st, 10th & 20th month. So if I upgrade to HD which will put me under new 2 yr contract....will I get my 20th month credit from the exisitng contract? Will I get the new offer price also for being in new 2 yr contract?

Also if I upgrade....will the existing contract with dish be anyway violated causing me any penalty & the dealar that installed the system any penalty resulting him calling me. I simply want to avoid any such issue.....Tom...maybe u can be helpfull here..since u r in this line.

My eyes r on VIP 211 deal....which is perfect & replace the 311. IMO...if & when I do this deal...the existing 311 will be removed & the cable pluged in VIP211 & its up & running or will it require any other installation like new cable/switch etc.

Thanks in advance

That's a good one. We had received chargebacks from Dish just simply after a receiver exchange because the original under contract got damaged. We always get the money back but with significant hassle. Also the receiver upgrades require a "contract" and you are still under your original contract. My opinion is that on this cases it should be handled by Dish directly.

Regarding the violation of your second contract with the dealer, well that's the catch they use when they give the antennas for free. One of the reasons that I don't give anything for free. I sell not just the equipment, but service and 11 years of experience with Dish Network. I can wait for the one Dish solition, the playing field will be leveled.

That's a good one. We had received chargebacks from Dish just simply after a receiver exchange because the original under contract got damaged. We always get the money back but with significant hassle. Also the receiver upgrades require a "contract" and you are still under your original contract. My opinion is that on this cases it should be handled by Dish directly.

Regarding the violation of your second contract with the dealer, well that's the catch they use when they give the antennas for free. One of the reasons that I don't give anything for free. I sell not just the equipment, but service and 11 years of experience with Dish Network. I can wait for the one Dish solition, the playing field will be leveled.

Pretty much what I was expecting....I dont want to cause any trouble for the dealer....since he anyway did a pretty good job with my installation. Plus....I remember I did sign a paper for them to charge me if I disconnect before 2 yrs..so I dont know if they will charge me for resigning a new contract before the expiry of existing one.

I will enquire abt these thing later on when I get some free time...both with the dish guys & with my dealer (provided he still in business otherwise I might get out free ;))

Thanks Tom for ur quick reply...& yeah we in PR are waiting when the playing fields r level for us both dealers & subs with US guys.

Thanks in advance

In the Retailer chat they said that if you are under a contract a want to upgrade to a vip you will commit to a 2 year deal i think they will add your existing contract and add the 2 extra years. After august 1 Rajmarie you can call them and found out because when you upgrade is thru dish not the retailers from here.

And Congratulations!

Thanks in advance

Congratualtions for the new family member!:angel:

In the Retailer chat they said that if you are under a contract a want to upgrade to a vip you will commit to a 2 year deal i think they will add your existing contract and add the 2 extra years. After august 1 Rajmarie you can call them and found out because when you upgrade is thru dish not the retailers from here.

And Congratulations!

thanks Nel

& thanks, I will call Dish when I get more time....& ask these things.

A 211k for $49 great deal.

A 612 for $199 not so great, you could buy the receiver for a little more without the 24month commitment. Oh well maybe it isnt so bad a deal if the give you all those months of HD free. Thanks for the info nel.

It's okay holy devil long time have not heard form you from the days of dbsforums:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)