Special Retailer Chat Recap - July 20, 2009

I understand Neljtorres, so they would not even show on the 7781-89 range, correct? And what about the snowbird account? If I go ahead and establish this type of account; what will happen if I use that option and move only one reciver, the 722k to FL, so that that reciver recives the HD Gold pkg. and the other two I have stay suposedly in my first address in PR.. Will they also shutdown the local PR channels for those recivers left behind in the adress of orgin, PR?

Thanks for the rapid responce. And happy to be a new member of this forum.

Like donato says it's not going to show on the rec. you could put a vip rec in another account to watch the hd and the other with an address form here and want loose the pr locals. It's up to you now!

Like donato says it's not going to show on the rec. you could put a vip rec in another account to watch the hd and the other with an address form here and want loose the pr locals. It's up to you now!

A big pile of crap for locals that we have right here. Horrific picture quality and I just don't want to talk about the audio, specially on CBS.

Regarding the receiver upgrade, well if you want to save $150 get the additional year for a VIP-211. If not you can always buy it..

Just a thinking !!!! What if.....

Hi, people I am just wondering here, with all these resent movement made for PR and the adition of the availability of the HD pkg for PR and the rest of the nation basicaly free for any coustumer new or old until may of 2010. What if Dish is thinking on opening all the HD TP's on any Sat.; let it be 61.5,129,110 and making them in esence available to all subs that have a dish pointing to any of these sat's. Probably they will not advertise the channels located on sat 61.5 as available for PR but since anyway they are going to give them for free from august 2009 until may 2010, people with 5' or 6' antenas pointing towards 61.5 will get them on august 1st. Just maybe wishful thinking but hey it can be a posibility. What do you people think?

Hi, people I am just wondering here, with all these resent movement made for PR and the adition of the availability of the HD pkg for PR and the rest of the nation basicaly free for any coustumer new or old until may of 2010. What if Dish is thinking on opening all the HD TP's on any Sat.; let it be 61.5,129,110 and making them in esence available to all subs that have a dish pointing to any of these sat's. Probably they will not advertise the channels located on sat 61.5 as available for PR but since anyway they are going to give them for free from august 2009 until may 2010, people with 5' or 6' antenas pointing towards 61.5 will get them on august 1st. Just maybe wishful thinking but hey it can be a posibility. What do you people think?
Wishful thinking, and we can dream. Actually I was thinking the same thing all these past days. Maybe they just activate you as "HD enabled" and you can get whatever HD signal you can from whatever satellite. Something like what happens with premiums.
Keeping my fingers crossed.

Hi
I have a few questions

I have a Vip222k and a 311. With the new upgrade option, can I upgrade the 311?

Will I be better If I buy a new 722?
The warranty will be thru Dish if buy a 722 from a retailer or a saller?
What is the cost of a 722?

They show us the current HD package that PR currently gets...

And then they start showing us the new HD channels coming

A&E, Animal Planet HD, Bravo HD, Cartoon Network HD, CNBC HD+, CNN HD, Comedy Central HD, DIscovery Channel HD, Disney HD, Disney XD HD, Espn2HD, Food Network HD, FX HD, HDTV HD, History HD, Lifetime HD, MTV HD, Nick HD, Spike HD, TBS HD, TLC HD, The Weather Channel HD
I am a current sub with standard def bronze 100 and locals
I will activate a 222k receiver a friend gave me once this offer is launched
once I add this HD $9.99 Puerto Rico package I need an extra 6ft dish aiming at 61.5w correct?

I am a current sub with standard def bronze 100 and locals
I will activate a 222k receiver a friend gave me once this offer is launched
once I add this HD $9.99 Puerto Rico package I need an extra 6ft dish aiming at 61.5w correct?

All you need is a dish pointing to sat 110 and you might have that already. The HD will be send thru spot beam as the local channels right now

Oh my, no need to point a 61.5w then?!
this will be awsome then

correct me if I am wrong you are saying we can get the HD U.S.A. has through 110w in Puerto Rico?the 61.5 6ft antenna is a thing of the past?
sorry for most the questions but as you read in my other post I just signed up for dish and I have been experimenting with it
thanks

Oh my, no need to point a 61.5w then?!
this will be awsome then

correct me if I am wrong you are saying we can get the HD U.S.A. has through 110w in Puerto Rico?the 61.5 6ft antenna is a thing of the past?
sorry for most the questions but as you read in my other post I just signed up for dish and I have been experimenting with it
thanks

you will get the HD included in the new PR HD Pak about 30 channels. If you want the HD offer to USA subscrbers then you need a dish pointing to 61.5 and a USA address, but will loose local channels if you change address

you will get the HD included in the new PR HD Pak about 30 channels. If you want the HD offer to USA subscrbers then you need a dish pointing to 61.5 and a USA address, but will loose local channels if you change address
Okay then I am guessing the offer will include the channels that say puerto rico here?
EKB: Dish Network Channels at 110°
I only see around 16 channels for PR
when this offer comes what changes in my system will I need to do in order to view this HD package?ex, just go to the normal channel number and it will tune automaticly in HD if the receiver detects an HDMI connection?

Last edited:
They show us the current HD package that PR currently gets...

And then they start showing us the new HD channels coming

A&E, Animal Planet HD, Bravo HD, Cartoon Network HD, CNBC HD+, CNN HD, Comedy Central HD, DIscovery Channel HD, Disney HD, Disney XD HD, Espn2HD, Food Network HD, FX HD, HDTV HD, History HD, Lifetime HD, MTV HD, Nick HD, Spike HD, TBS HD, TLC HD, The Weather Channel HD

This are some of the HD you will get. Only need a HD reciver and HD subcription. HD channels will be next to SD.

so far I see 16 channels listed as they are for puerto rico
I beleive that list will grow in the next few days
but I just looked at my STB and noticed 125 signal on TP18 for the HD:eek:

so far I see 16 channels listed as they are for puerto rico
I beleive that list will grow in the next few days
but I just looked at my STB and noticed 125 signal on TP18 for the HD:eek:

Check "The List!" right on this site (click the tab on top), click on "Subscription List Home", click on "Dish Network 110.0".

Everything that's on spotbeam 49 you will get. And most of what's on CONUS. We are not sure of WGN, CI, and others that are now on CONUS...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)