Special Retailer Chat Recap - July 20, 2009

HD Channels for PR available on wednesday 7/29/2009

Be prepared people to recive the new HD packg. for PR this wednesday 7/29/2009. Yes, I have talked to the advance enginering department and talked with two different employees and both assure me that everything will be activated that day. The package has allready been added to my account with the name AK/HI/PR/VI HD PAK. They told me that the PR HD Pkg is no longer available, it has been grandfatherd. Still I have not been authorize to recive the channels this will happen, I repate, on wednesday. He also sugested that all the other channels coming off of sat 61.5 may be available, since the PR HD pak has been eliminated, no need for the restriction just like the premiums are right now. But then they both express for sure that the channels on 110 will be available on that day but the ones on 61.5 even dough they think they will be open that same date they were not willing to give me 100% assurance. Let's see what happens. Hope they open 61.5 since I install a 6' footer to grab the premium channels, that would be the icing on the cake.

Be prepared people to recive the new HD packg. for PR this wednesday 7/29/2009. Yes, I have talked to the advance enginering department and talked with two different employees and both assure me that everything will be activated that day. The package has allready been added to my account with the name AK/HI/PR/VI HD PAK. They told me that the PR HD Pkg is no longer available, it has been grandfatherd. Still I have not been authorize to recive the channels this will happen, I repate, on wednesday. He also sugested that all the other channels coming off of sat 61.5 may be available, since the PR HD pak has been eliminated, no need for the restriction just like the premiums are right now. But then they both express for sure that the channels on 110 will be available on that day but the ones on 61.5 even dough they think they will be open that same date they were not willing to give me 100% assurance. Let's see what happens. Hope they open 61.5 since I install a 6' footer to grab the premium channels, that would be the icing on the cake.
Thanks for the info!and yes I asked about the HD package that is here
DISH Network - Puerto Rican Packages - 1.888.825.2557
They told me that package is not available and refused to let me subscribe so it all must mean they are adding the new channels to prepare for the new HD pack offer

I'm still waiting for my 222k but when I get home from work on wednesday I will call dish and check if I can sub to the new HD

This will be great if it happens!

if i have one dish pointing for the 61.5 it will automatically remap the channels on 61.5 to the ones on 110 based on my location? :confused:

i logged in to my account and i can see where it used to say AK/HI/PR/VI HD now says HD ENABLED, HD PAK

Nel..IMO the Spanish HD channels that got mentioned in PR retailer chat might well be PR local spanish HD channels. At this time...there r IMO 4 HD spanish channels in PR OTA already. More might be in the planning that I dont know abt. Maybe Dish will uplink those & have PR spanish HD channel

Nel..IMO the Spanish HD channels that got mentioned in PR retailer chat might well be PR local spanish HD channels. At this time...there r IMO 4 HD spanish channels in PR OTA already. More might be in the planning that I dont know abt. Maybe Dish will uplink those & have PR spanish HD channel

wpru ABC and wsjx FOX started in HD at directv pr this week!

wpru ABC and wsjx FOX started in HD at directv pr this week!

Thats news to me....Didnt knew that. Anyway all r existing spots have been used...so there is no space to uplink anything on our spots. We have to wait till the new 119 dish goes up...& give us some more spots for future & new uplinks....or Dish finds for us space on some otherway.....by moving some HD channels from spots to CONUS.

Wait & see.

I will have to wait for some time for HD.

Right now....& atleast for a few weeks...I have very less time for TV...so HD will be on hold...till that time...& DVR will have to get all my & wife shows...so that we can catch up on those later.

I made a change for my parents programing last night trying to maintain the savings they have that may change on Aug 1st.(Premuim discounts). After the change the HD channels disappear(The Old HD-PR pack). After about 30 mimutes I just told the CSR what she had to do, I told het that the package was "obsolete"on their system and she needed to look for the new one. Their account shows this: (AK/HI/PR/VI HD PAK, Nosports, Classic Gold 250 BONUS PAK) So they have the new package ready. The same problem happened to a customer who took the Everything Pack, again just keeping the DVR Advantage for the premuim package discounts. So we are moving in the right direction.

Also for those interested, there's a bunch of HD Premuim Channels on the 61.5 that can be easily "locked"with a 5 footer.(Is way cheaper compared to a 6footer, and many of you already have them). A dish that size is no longet required to have a great signal for the 110, and with the spotbeams even less. I've installed that Dish to several friends that had a limited budget, and one of those was the one that upgraded to the Everything Pack last night. We got them all but a couple(One Cinemax is on that group). So for the same monthly payment you can get those channels. Just a quick suggestion..

Thats news to me....Didnt knew that. Anyway all r existing spots have been used...so there is no space to uplink anything on our spots. We have to wait till the new 119 dish goes up...& give us some more spots for future & new uplinks....or Dish finds for us space on some otherway.....by moving some HD channels from spots to CONUS.

Wait & see.

Right now....& atleast for a few weeks...I have very less time for TV...so HD will be on hold...till that time...& DVR will have to get all my & wife shows...so that we can catch up on those later.

Well I ordered mine from Mydistantnetworks yesteday, I actually can get those for the same cost of my locals. But I won't have the Bears games... So that mean that i can take out the ABC from that list, and save $3. I need FOX-Chicago for the Bears NFC games.

I made a change for my parents programing last night trying to maintain the savings they have that may change on Aug 1st.(Premuim discounts). After the change the HD channels disappear(The Old HD-PR pack). After about 30 mimutes I just told the CSR what she had to do, I told het that the package was "obsolete"on their system and she needed to look for the new one. Their account shows this: (AK/HI/PR/VI HD PAK, Nosports, Classic Gold 250 BONUS PAK) So they have the new package ready. The same problem happened to a customer who took the Everything Pack, again just keeping the DVR Advantage for the premuim package discounts. So we are moving in the right direction.

Also for those interested, there's a bunch of HD Premuim Channels on the 61.5 that can be easily "locked"with a 5 footer.(Is way cheaper compared to a 6footer, and many of you already have them). A dish that size is no longet required to have a great signal for the 110, and with the spotbeams even less. I've installed that Dish to several friends that had a limited budget, and one of those was the one that upgraded to the Everything Pack last night. We got them all but a couple(One Cinemax is on that group). So for the same monthly payment you can get those channels. Just a quick suggestion..

Hi, TOM i have the 2 5 footer that the dealer installed and other 2 DTV laying arround i'll try to switch them and see what happens i casdcaded a sw21 with a sw21x for the 3 sats thanks for the tip!

Wait & see.

Hey rajmarie, Welcome back!
Hope everything is going great with the family. That DVR will be used a lot from now on! :)

I hope what rdavidowski tells us is true. That will sure make my day tomorrow. :up

Hey rajmarie, Welcome back!
Hope everything is going great with the family. That DVR will be used a lot from now on! :)

Thanks...yup....everything is fine till now except lack of sleep. 625 DVR already is 30% full....with like 3-4 recording everyday.....Thank god BSN will finish soon & cowboys will be champs...thats 1 thing less I have to watch LIVE...

My 222k got here today!
just got my 222k, I will be calling tomorrow to swap my 625 with it
again, can I add this HD package?I have classic bronze 100 with locals,110w and 119w installed
I should be able to add this package since I dont have basic packages like dish family etc
first should I call in english or in spanish?
second what package do I ask for in order to get the HD on 110w?the last agent told me the package for PR was discontinued
Thanks

buenos dias, is 7/29/2009 8:30 am, no new hd, nada,still waiting

I just activated my 222k and the supervisor said the channels come in on august 1 and I'm gettting the current HD package on 110w
So if its not today(99% chance it will) like alot said, it will be on saturday and I can confirm this since the supervisor carefully explained it all to me and current subs to the HD package for PR
(AK/HI/PR/VI HD pak) will be automaticly upgraded on august 1 (if its not today)and if there is an HD channel that you do not receive on your SD package it will NOT be available unless you upgrade your SD package to one that includes the channel in SD

this information is from the head of the programing dept if you wish to find out yourself call in english and ask to speak with the supervisor as none of the agents know anything about this since the offer is not officially launched
if its not today be patient and wait until saturday =P

I posted this on the puerto rico HD pack thread but I am posting it here incase anyone misses it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)