Speedtv & F1 cutting out

rookiefireman

Mar 3, 2009
Lehigh Valley PA
Hello, I am new to dish network and not sure if this is a problem others have seen, but all weekend long my dishpass recording of the China GP have been cut short. The recording shows the full lenght but it will only play till a certain point. Almost as if there is a bad sector on the hard drive. But it has only happened on the F1 races. I have played it in slow motion and also fast forward to the point it stops and nothing works. I never get to see the end of the race. It jumps back to the menu screen, just like it was done with the program. Thanks for any help.

I have th VIP722 receiver.

John

There have been reports of 722 resets at 3:00 AM due to updates. I believe the path is MENU>Prefrences>Call out or Daily update, but that might not be the correct path so you might have to poke around a bit. From there you could change your call out time.

GP of China re-airs this afternoon at 4:30 PM EST.

Just finished watching the race and another idea hit me. Almost all F1 races (and many other sport events) run over allotted schedule time. The 722 adds 60 minutes by default to all Sports Timers. You can check this by DVR>DVR>DVR>Timers, find event and check Options. F1 needs 30 minutes. BE has a set time limit to every race so it will never exceed 30 additional minutes. Most practices, qualifings and races exceed allotted time. GP of China needed 28 additional minutes to get through post race interviews.

Just finished watching the race and another idea hit me. Almost all F1 races (and many other sport events) run over allotted schedule time. The 722 adds 60 minutes by default to all Sports Timers. You can check this by DVR>DVR>DVR>Timers, find event and check Options. F1 needs 30 minutes. BE has a set time limit to every race so it will never exceed 30 additional minutes. Most practices, qualifings and races exceed allotted time. GP of China needed 28 additional minutes to get through post race interviews.

I think this is the problem. Todays race definitely ran long, approaching the 2 hour limit (~30 min extra) for the race. Speed programming is 2 hours (+30 min pre race). My recording started at 0230 (edt) and finished at 0600, which is 60 minutes extra. In the case of a delayed start, the 2 hour time limit doesn't start until the race starts so I'm comfortable with the extra 60 min.

By the way my updates are set for 0200, I moved it a little earlier for reasons I don't remember. But I thought the update wouldn't operate if a recording is scheduled and occurring.

Once Massa crapped out, it was pretty much time to turn off the DVR.

Miner

Yes, the weather has affected my recordings of the last two races. Both cut out after the normally adequate 2h30m. If that happens, I usually end up recording the replay on Speed and archiving that. As it was, I just hopped over to Formula1.com to get the driver interviews.

I gotta tell you, I liked it better before Bernie decided that the European viewers didn't have to wake early for the Asian races. We could stay up late and catch the races live, but I can't pull an all-nighter like I used to just to watch Standard Def F1. (come on, Speed HD!)

yep, this year's race schedule ensures the worst times all season long for north and south American viewers. Of course, we know north america doesn't matter because they don't even get a race on the schedule at all. Having moved from DC to NV I was expecting better time for the Asian races, instead I've gotten even later, and there's no way I'm getting up at 4:30am for the European races, either.

And why did BE force Malaysia to host their GP during a fall afternoon. I live in a subtropical locale and know first hand it rains heavily nearly every late summer/early fall afternoon. Mornings are always, without fail, warm and humid. Between 4 and 6 it rains. Been that way for decades if not centuries or even millenniums, save for brief periods of warming or cooling like the ice age - no doubt caused be humans and their SUVs watching F1.

One of the reasons I follow F1 is just for that very fact: It rains in the real world, racing shouldn't stop just because the skies open up.

Doesn't Nascar bring rain tires to the road courses? I thought that they ran in the wet at Watkins Glen a few years back. If I remember correctly there was nearly zero passing.

They tested at Watkins Glen in the rain a few years ago and have had rain tires at Busch road course events, but you are right, they couldn't pass. No fancy traction control on those cars either!

They tested at Watkins Glen in the rain a few years ago and have had rain tires at Busch road course events, but you are right, they couldn't pass. No fancy traction control on those cars either!
Formula 1 hasn't run traction control for a few years now. However, running behind the Safety Car eliminates passing, too (unless you're Jarno Trulli and Lewis has let you by. Oops) which is worse (IMHO) than just delaying the race in heavy rain conditions.

Switching gears, our paper said that the China GP was carried by Vs., but I didn't see that when I checked my EPG and Speed carried the race live as usual. I wonder what the sports writer at the Tribune was smoking/drinking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts