Sportstime Ohio HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rancidzombie79

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 2, 2005
I have the standard STO channel, and on Direct's website it lists HD Available, but I do not list an HD feed of this channel. Will one be on before tomorrow nights game? Have they carried this channel before?

You may want to post this in the appropriate DirecTV Forum instead of the Dish Network Forum.

Rumors are D* will be adding it on channel 657-1 as a game only RSN for now. We'll find out tomorrow morning. Later this summer it will go 24x7 on D* (once D11 is operational).

Sport Time Ohio anounced that srarting 4-1-2008 all telecast will be in HD. Will let you know whats going on.

No Hd Indians Game On Sportstime Ohio!!

Just heard that tonights Cleveland Indians game on channel 657 (STO) will not be in HD. Tomorrows game will not be in HD either. This is sad! They say it is due to bandwidth issues.
One of the best teams in MLB and no HD. Betcha Royals, D-Rays, Twins will be in HD. :mad:

Ok, it's safe to say a dedicated channel (657-1) won't be up for STO-HD today. What HD channel will the Indian's be on tonight? They are playing on STO, but there is nothing in my guide on channel 96 and it's 6:15. T-minus 45 minutes till first pitch!!!! Help!

I remember last year, channel 96 would often go live an hour before game time to show the pregame show with Bruce Drennan. Well, Bruce is on the 657 SD channel, but still nothing on channel 96!

Zap2it's EPG for DirecTV Cleveland, OH shows it as HD; let us know what really happens.

Attachments

• zap.JPG
    zap.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 183
Heres what HD Sports Guide has to say :

MLB 7:05 PM Chicago White Sox vs. Cleveland Indians (Regional) WCIU (720p)
STO (1080i)

I guess we'll see ...

Jimbo

DirecTV will NOT air tonight's Indians game or tomorrow afternoon's Indians game on STO HD. Bandwidth constraints is the reason, because of the many NBA, NHL and MLB HD games. They should have room for the April 4th STO HD Indians game. DirecTV customers can voice their displeasures at DIRECTV - E-mail Us.

Just heard that tonights Cleveland Indians game on channel 657 (STO) will not be in HD. Tomorrows game will not be in HD either. This is sad! They say it is due to bandwidth issues.
One of the best teams in MLB and no HD. Betcha Royals, D-Rays, Twins will be in HD. :mad:

I found this :

This from SportsTime Ohio.

DirecTV will NOT air tonight's Indians game or tomorrow afternoon's Indians game on STO HD. Bandwidth constraints is the reason, because of the many NBA, NHL and MLB HD games. They should have room for the April 4th STO HD Indians game. DirecTV customers can voice their displeasures at DIRECTV - E-mail Us.

I found this :

Any special reason that Directv continues to pick on Cleveland sports fans?

The Indians are one of the best baseball teams and are a no-show in HD, while lesser teams seem to be available in HD.

Go figure !

Guess it makes sense, all the HD PPV channels are down tonight, that's what they usually do when they have a bunch of game only RSN's fire up.

That's really unacceptable. I guess Directv is truly the parttime hd sports leader.

Any special reason that Directv continues to pick on Cleveland sports fans?

The Indians are one of the best baseball teams and are a no-show in HD, while lesser teams seem to be available tonite in HD.

Go figure !

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)