Sportstime Ohio HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Did anyone get the Indians game on 4-2-2008 in HD. I thought that D was suppose to add a channel 657-1??

See here:
SportsTime Ohio

Also there are other threads in the HD forum about this.

Also, while on the STO site, if you locate the Indians HD schedule, you will find that starting April 11th ALL Indians games Home and away WILL be available on STO.

I would take missing a few games in the beginning while technical stuff gets worked out and be able to watch the rest anytime.

Jimbo

Bosco, that makes me a little happier that we have a date for HD. We are going to win it all this year. Cleveland Rocks!!!

A very reliable source at dbs has said they will start broadcasting STO for game tie on April 4

This was posted by a Directv representative, and a very relible source, on another satellite forum concerning STO HD.

"STO games will start in HD on Directv on April 11th, not April 1st or 2nd, or anytime before that. April 11th is the first game scheduled in HD for STO."

This Directv source has now corrected / updated the start of STO HD on Directv to April 4th.

Even better news than reported yesterday for us Tribe fans.

This Directv source has now corrected / updated the start of STO HD on Directv to April 4th.

Even better news than reported yesterday for us Tribe fans.

This is good news. Hopefully this "source" is accurate.

The DBS source is now is in line (or rehashed) from what STO's site said on their website about DirecTV yesterday.

"DirecTV will NOT air tonight's (April 2nd) Indians game or tomorrow (April 3rd) afternoon's Indians game on STO HD. Bandwidth constraints is the reason, because of the many NBA, NHL and MLB HD games. They should have room for the April 4th STO HD Indians game. DirecTV customers can voice their displeasures at DIRECTV - E-mail Us. "

The real question is whether this issue will be corrected After April 4th for good or will this be an ongoing day by day case in determining whether or not there will be enough bandwidth to show the game until 657-1 (STO 24/7 channel) launches?

You failed to read the article if you think that.
If you look at the Indians HD schedule after the 11th you would see that ALL of the games are listed to be in HD.

I would not call that part time.

btw, Is FIOS showing ALL the Indians games in HD ?

Jimbo

That date of the 11th was a mistake - the games become available on the 4th.

For the last question, FiOS TV does NOT exist anywhere in Ohio, so I guess the answer would be NO.

Please respect the mods wishes and keep fios discussion in the fios forum or war zone.

Somewhat off topic. EI did broadcast the SD and Houston game in HD on SD channel 4, which is a Cox owned station. I thought only Cox had the rights to show the game in HD? I thought EI was only allowed to carry the SD broadcast from SD channel 4?

Just got a response from an email I sent DirecTV yesterday....

Dear Mr......

Thanks for writing. I understand how important the Indians are to you and we are working to bring you their games in high definition as soon as possible. We expect to start showing games in HD this weekend.

Sincerely,

Allen C.
Employee ID 100139001
DIRECTV Customer Service

If tomorrow happens, or even the 11th, that kinda kills all that bandwidth chatter too me. Sounds like a behind the scenes issues, be it contract details or other minor tech issues; but not BW which is a great common cop-out excuse.

Here is a response to my email I sent yesterday:

Dear Mr.....

Thank you for taking the time to write. I understand your concern and frustration with missing the Cleveland Indians games in HD on April 2 and 3. I understand how important the Indians are to you and we are working to bring you their games in high definition as soon as possible. We expect to start showing games in HD this weekend.

Thanks again for writing and I thank you very much for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Y4368
DIRECTV Customer Service

This makes me nervous....if E* follows suit, I might have to consider cable :( :( :(

It is my understanding that the HD feed for STO will be only be turned on for Indians games at the present time starting with the April 4th game.

If tomorrow happens, or even the 11th, that kinda kills all that bandwidth chatter too me. Sounds like a behind the scenes issues, be it contract details or other minor tech issues; but not BW which is a great common cop-out excuse.

Thats what I was thinking too ...
Everyone claims bandwidth issues, but if you really pressed them you might find out that it may have been something else, probably a local issue, seeing D* has everyone else up without leaving someone on SD.

Yes, I would imagine it's a local issue.

I wonder if D* will see the info on STO 's website and tell them to remove it or if it doesn't matter to D*.

edit:

Urgent STO Programming Update

The Cleveland Indians at Oakland A’s 4:00pmET game on Saturday April 5 will not be televised because it is scheduled during FOX’s exclusive Saturday window. STO is prohibited from airing a MLB game during this window and FOX chose not to air it as their game of the week. We apologize for the inconvenience, but it is currently the only 2008 game that will not be televised.

I don't see ANY mention of a bandwidth issue anymore, did they just find more in their back pocket ?

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts