Spring Cleaning

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NutFlush920

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Green Bay, WI
I want to do some spring cleaning. I have a cardboard box with rca, coax, and phone line for every receiver I have. Am I required to keep all these boxes, cables, and cords as a DirecTV subscriber? I don't plan on ever leaving DirecTV but, if I ever do leave, I don't want to get charged for not keeping all this.

Does anyone know how this all works? I have had DirecTV for a very long time and could use the space for something else. Can I recycle all this or should I keep it? When/if I cancel will they send me a return box since all my current receivers are now leased?

I also have an old HR10-250, Hughes DirecTV Tivo, and 3 or 4 old RCA receivers. Should I put these to the curb or sell them online? I will never use them and I know not to get rid of the access cards. Is there a market for used outdated equipment?

You do not need to keep the box/cables. If you return a receiver, defect or cancellation, they will send a box and prepaid label to send it back.

As or the HR10, you can sell it, they still get $100 or so on ebay, or you can keep it.

The basic SD only receivers are near-worthless unless you know someone that needs a basic SD receiver and didn't take the free one's when they activated service. The current 'basic' receiver is $69, but I've seen them for $49. That makes resale value on your RCA's very low - pluss they would have to pay $20 or so for a new access card from DirecTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts