Spring Cleaning?

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Well it appears we finally have most if not all of our server issues behind us. (Thankfully!)

And looking around its been awhile since we did any kind of Spring Cleanup of the forums here. And looking around I think one is needed.

Nothing is set in stone but I am thinking of sending the following forums to the Archives...

Orby TV Support
Video Games
Broadband Internet

I am thinking of combining Movie Talk with DVD and Bly Ray.
Combining The Android, iOS and Phone news together into one Mobile Devices Forum
Combinging TV Sets, Playback Equipment & TV Receivers into the Home Theater Forum

I am also (always) looking for ideas for new forums here. If you have an idea, and / or would like to moderate your own forum here let me know.. I would be happy to give you the ball and see how far you run with it!

Also looking for new additions to our Social Influencers section. Since adding that section it had brought more traffic to the site. Of course suggestions have to fit in with our topics here at SatelliteGuys. If you know of one that would be a good fit please let me know.

Always open to ideas of how we can bring more people home to SatelliteGuys as well. :)

Please let me know your thoughts.

Changes will be made in a few day. :) Thanks for your support and for being here!

Orby TV Support
Video Games
Broadband Internet

Combining The Android, iOS and Phone news together into one Mobile Devices Forum
Combinging TV Sets, Playback Equipment & TV Receivers into the Home Theater Forum
I fully agree.

Well it appears we finally have most if not all of our server issues behind us. (Thankfully!)

And looking around its been awhile since we did any kind of Spring Cleanup of the forums here. And looking around I think one is needed.

Nothing is set in stone but I am thinking of sending the following forums to the Archives...

Orby TV Support
Video Games
Broadband Internet

I am also (always) looking for ideas for new forums here. If you have an idea, and / or would like to moderate your own forum here let me know.. I would be happy to give you the ball and see how far you run with it!

Also looking for new additions to our Social Influencers section. Since adding that section it had brought more traffic to the site. Of course suggestions have to fit in with our topics here at SatelliteGuys. If you know of one that would be a good fit please let me know.

Always open to ideas of how we can bring more people home to SatelliteGuys as well. :)

Changes will be made in a few day. :) Thanks for your support and for being here!
How about combining some of the DirecTV Forums, for example the General Forum has not had a new post since last Saturday, programing yesterday, Tech Wednesday and Cutting Edge November 1, 2023.

Dish only has 1, which seems to keep it more active.

I will check with the DIRECTV guys and see their thoughts. The cutting edge one will stay as it will be used when they need to announce something.

I have no problem with it. :D
Cannot announce it in the regular DirecTV Forum?

Some of the forums you wish to combine has had more recent posts then the Cutting Edge area.

And is not Cutting Edge for new equipment for DirecTV, that is not about to happen, specially since it is going up for sale soon.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Cannot announce it in the regular DirecTV Forum?

Some of the forums you wish to combine has had more recent posts then the Cutting Edge area.

And is not Cutting Edge for new equipment for DirecTV, that is not about to happen, specially since it is going up for sale soon.
No. DIRECTV does not want that.

I am talking with our DIRECTV guys now and coming up with ideas. :)

Orby TV Support
Video Games
Broadband Internet

Go for it.

Good thought on the influencers... I will have to look later at the script I made to import their videos to the forum and see if it can all go into one forum, or needs to be seperate.

I would like to hear others feedback on the Krells idea.

I agree with the Directv consolidation. Just have the support forum, and Cutting Edge under it. Also, you could easily just have one Rabbit Ears forum.

I will check with the DIRECTV guys and see their thoughts. The cutting edge one will stay as it will be used when they need to announce something.

I have no problem with it. :D
I object ....

I like the D* section the way it is.
The General section gets used.

The Programming and Tech sections could be consolidated as you would only go there if you have specific things your looking for.

The CE section should stay it self ...

Directv General Forum

Directv Programming and Tech

Directv Cutting Edge Forum

Is how I would suggest it.

I object ....

I like the D* section the way it is.
The General section gets used.
It had 1 post since May 4, not exactly high activity
The Programming
5 Posts in the last week, all in the Diamond/Bally RSN saga
also about 6 posts in the last week
sections could be consolidated as you would only go there if you have specific things your looking for.
Those numbers show why all three should be together, like the one Dish Forum, which had way too many to count of posts in the last week.
The CE section should stay it self ...
Like a ghost town in there.
Directv General Forum

Directv Programming and Tech

Directv Cutting Edge Forum

Is how I would suggest it.
Based on posts counts, definitely all should be together, but Scott let it known he will keep Cutting Edge separate, but based on activity there, it is like the one person at the prom, waiting for someone asking them to dance.

It had 1 post since May 4, not exactly high activity

5 Posts in the last week, all in the Diamond/Bally RSN saga

also about 6 posts in the last week

Those numbers show why all three should be together, like the one Dish Forum, which had way too many to count of posts in the last week.

Like a ghost town in there.

Based on posts counts, definitely all should be together, but Scott let it known he will keep Cutting Edge separate, but based on activity there, it is like the one person at the prom, waiting for someone asking them to dance.
Sadly, you have No Idea whats going on in the D* section ...

Sadly, you have No Idea whats going on in the D* section ...
I would assume most members here can count.

Dish has one forum and still thriving.

DirecTV has 4 and barely anyone posts in them.

But I do expect it to pick up since AT&T is putting up their 70% for sale soon.

But I do expect it to pick up since AT&T is putting up their 70% for sale

But I do expect it to pick up since AT&T is putting up their 70% for sale soon.
I will refrain from posting my thoughts, I'm not allowed to tell you what is Really happening.

The CE forums can't be combined. Just let it go. Perhaps take a step back, think about it for a second, and also consider why no one here is obligated to give you context as to why.