sprint.com says pre release is june 6

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I watched a couple of reviews online and it is a nice phone but I don't see anything on it that would make me drop my Touch Pro and SERO plan. I don't think it's going to be this big crazy phone that brings a ton of new customers.

I got one this morning , had to work today , but have played around with it a little bit . so far very nice , I went from a samsung instinct ( which I dislike very much) the thing I did like about the instinct is voice activation.

I hear it has a somewhat sticky back surface that is able to stick to glass or a smooth wall. Perfect for sticking it to your windshield when you have the navigation app running.

okay, i need some serious feedback from those of you who have purchased the pre. apparently, sprint has upgraded my account again and i am now eligible for a new phone. can't decide if i want the pre or a touch pro? the pre would fit my pocketbook better.

also, anybody out there with sprint ever used blackberry? if so, how did you like?

okay, i need some serious feedback from those of you who have purchased the pre. apparently, sprint has upgraded my account again and i am now eligible for a new phone. can't decide if i want the pre or a touch pro? the pre would fit my pocketbook better.

also, anybody out there with sprint ever used blackberry? if so, how did you like?

What is your main use of the phone? Email? Web? Music?

How much do you like to tinker or customize your phone? What apps do you want?

i use my cell phone as my main phone, no more landline. i like having windows mobile for internet use (which obviously removes blackberry from the equation unless they have a similar app).

i would like to be able to email more from my phone than i have in the past. the phone also has to be hearing aid combatible but other than that no specific apps. but reasonable sized keyboard buttons is also a biggie for my arthritic hands. thanks.

sorry, didn't mean to shanghi my own thread. digiblur if you want to pm me, that might be better :)

We're still talking about the Pre so we're good.

I will have to say the browser on the Pre looks and works slick! Except I have one issue with it. It's designed to be used on regular websites and not mobile ones.

Touch Pro has two web browsers. Pocket IE designed for mobile websites (such as the Satelliteguys PDA template), and Opera. Opera is kinda like the browser on the Pre, where you scroll around the page and zoom and zoom out where you need. I find myself using Pocket IE w/ mobile websites the most. The zooming in an out is just a pain on any phone. I want to see it all on one screen where I can read it without zooming.

The keyboard on the Pre also kills it for me. It's too small for me... I like some room! I'm drooling over the Touch Pro 2 keyboard!

Go play with both phones and get a feel for what you like. My take on things... if you want a visually impressive phone to show off to others and wow people then go with the Pre. If you want a phone that works great, big keyboard, higher resolution screen, more apps, more customizations, etc but requires a bit more tinkering to get it looking like you want since it is an advanced phone then stick the the Touch Pro.

do you know when the touch pro 2 is due out? perhaps, that will mean a price drop for the touch pro soon? but you're right i need to go eyeball and tinker with both phones.

btw, how heavy is the touch pro?

do you know when the touch pro 2 is due out? perhaps, that will mean a price drop for the touch pro soon? but you're right i need to go eyeball and tinker with both phones.

There have been pictures of Sprint and Verizon (CDMA phones) out in the wild so I would assume a few months.

Another thing I'm disappointed in with the Pre...no micro SD memory card slot and they are missing a few of the IM messaging formats (Yahoo is one I would miss).

Specs on both phones:
HTC Touch Pro (CDMA) Specs & Features (Phone Scoop)
Palm Pre (CDMA) Specs & Features (Phone Scoop)

It supposed to be out by the middle of july. BTW I over slept and missed out on the Pre'.

thanks for the info. btw, i had to take my phone to the repair center today because it started acting hinckey.....just needed some software upgrades which i hope eliminates the problem. anyhow, i played around with the demo pre. the keyboard sucks but i loved the screen and the colors seemed bold and vibrant. also, played with the touch pro too.

if the touch pro 2 is due out next month, maybe there will be a nice price drop for the touch pro. and since i can't afford this upgrade until july, maybe the heavens will align!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts